Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a few quick questions please, I apologize if they have been covered elsewhere but I'd really appreciate confirmation with the latest information since it seems some things have changed recently in regards to Partner Visas (820/801 and 309/100).

My partner and I are trying to decide whether to apply for the partner visa onshore or offshore, but we have her sister's wedding in Europe in July.

1) If we apply offshore, is she able to visit Australia while the application is in process, on a eVisitor visa for example?

2) If we apply offshore, and we apply online, does it matter where we are when the application is processed/approved, or does it not matter as long as we are outside of Australia?

3) If we apply onshore, is she able to get apply for a BVB more then once while the application is in process?

4) If we apply onshore while she is on an eVisitor visa, is she able to leave the county to travel and return before that 3 month eVisitor visa expires and the bridging visa A automatically kicks in?

Thanks very much for your help!
Marcus

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
1 Yes (if eligible for the visa and it's granted).
2 As long as your not in Australia it doesn't matter. However you may be requested to visit the embassy - keep that in mind.
3 Yes but it doesn't guarantee they will be granted.
4 As long as she is on a valid visa with a multiple entry facility, yes.

·
Registered
47 Posts
1 Yes. eVisitor can be granted in less than 1 min. (eligible passport holders only), and make sure you check your visa application status before go eVisitor, do not do it after partner visa is granted (just in case you are not aware), eVisitor visa will override your partner visa
2. Doesn't matter, as long as you are not in Australia.
3. Yes. I previously got BVB granted 3 times without any questioning, and I asked for 4 months validity of one of my BVB, got approved straightway. but they may require justifications just in case
4. Yes, you can leave and return on eVisitor

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
1 Yes. eVisitor can be granted in less than 1 min. (eligible passport holders only), and make sure you check your visa application status before go eVisitor, do not do it after partner visa is granted (just in case you are not aware), eVisitor visa will override your partner visa
2. Doesn't matter, as long as you are not in Australia.
3. Yes. I previously got BVB granted 3 times without any questioning, and I asked for 4 months validity of one of my BVB, got approved straightway. but they may require justifications just in case
4. Yes, you can leave and return on eVisitor
Which passport holders are eligible for this <1 min grant you speak of :)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.