Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, Need your advise on the below situation.

Visit Visa Applied SC 600 while my RRV SC 155/157 and Partner Visa Sc 309 are in process/pending with DIBP/Home Affairs.

I had a PR, i was secondary applicant and did not enter Aus even for 1 day, my RRV expired while i was out of AUS, Applied RRV based on Spouse is AUS PR and is working there. I also had applied for a SC 309 Partner visa in June 2017 (costly process as advised by an agent).

In short, i have RRV applied in Dec 2017 and Partner Visa SC 309 applied in June 2017 in process. I need to be with my spouse ASAP, hence applied for SC 600 too.

Will applying SC 600 Visit visa revoke my pending RRV and Partner Visa Applications?

Any informed advise is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
I'm confused why you would be applying for a 309 visa at the same time you're applying for a RRV, surely the RRV is the less expensive and quicker option.

But in response to your question, any visa that is approved will overwrite any previous visa that is granted. So as long as the 600 is approved first, you can visit Australia while the RRV and 309 applications are being processed.

EDIT: Re-read your post...I assume if you got a PR visa but didn't even enter Australia to validate it, that's why your agent suggested a 309 visa in case the RRV isn't accepted. An expensive approach but perhaps the only option you had.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response Maggie.

So, If RRV if approved first, I will have to make sure to withdraw my SC 600.

The reason for applying SC 309 was, after my PR Grant, i never visited Australia to validate my PR i.e. Initial entry, Only my spouse that was the Primary applicant went to AUS to validate. So, I assumed my PR is Invalid/expired and hence applied for a Partner Visa , later found out that If a Primary Applicant validates her/his PR, the secondary applicants too automatically get their validation done (DIBP glitch or grey area here i.e. secondary applicants PR too gets validated if Primary Validates their PR).

My RRV is pending since 65+ days and I need to be with my spouse in AUS, hence applied for a SC 600.

Followup Question: Mine is a Indian Passport, living in USA for continuous 7 years, do i need to go for Health Assessment for SC 600? My SC 600 application currently says I need a Health Assessment. Do i need one?

Regards
Bobby

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Even though I did not validate my PR, the VEVO showed it as Active till the Visa expiry date of Nov 2017. So, per many MARN Agents, my PR was still valid and I could have entered AUS until it expired in NOV 2017.

What are you thoughts on this?

Also, does secondary applicants PR is considered active if they have not validated during the initial time frame given by DIBP? If the Primary applicant makes a Visit, does it validate the secondary applicants PR?

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.