Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arriving Friday 22nd June!! :)

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Nev 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Kayleigh & my husband is Mark. We are going to be moving to Melbourne from the UK in June! :) The flights were booked on Friday & we get to Melbourne on 22nd!!!

Mark has got a job at Melbourne Uni & will be starting work on 25th June and as I don't yet have one, I will be travelling around trying to figure out where we are going to live (we get 4 weeks accommodation with the relocation package!) So if anyone has any ideas/suggestions orif you've been through a similar situation, they I'd love to chat! :)

Look forward to getting to know you all & of course to actually get to Melbourne!!! :)

Kayleigh (& Mark!) xx

#2 ·
Hi, Welcome

My wife and i moved to Melbourne from South Africa a couple of months ago so just been through the move, we also had a 4 weeks and relocation package

The whole move can be a crazy experience but well worth it, happy to help so shout if you have any specific questions at the moment

#3 ·
Hi Nev,

Sorry for the late reply, only just noticed this :)

It really is good to know that we're not the only ones that have been through this. Have to keep reminding myself that loads of people go through it & come out the other end fine!

How are you settling in? One problem I'm having is figuring out where we're going to live. There's so much info on different places! How did you decide?

Thanks,

Kayleigh

#4 ·
I managed to get an idea of the reputation of different areas when we arrived from the guys at work, then we looked at travel time for me to work and public transport, we ended up with a smaller and more expensive place but it is a really nice place in a good area

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.