Australia Forum banner
181 - 200 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Mark
I have explained my situation before in the forum.
I am still living with my wife and I have been granted 801 recently.
Can I get citizenship on behalf of 801 visa if I get separation from wife and start living my own ? or should I still live with her to get citizenship aswell ?
or will there be an problem ?
please guide thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mark,

Thanks a lot for your contribution and your time. I´m sure it´s much appreciated by everone

I have a bit of a silly one.

In the form 80, question 35 when it says "The type of visa you travelled on (examples given include visitor, student, business, etc)", if I was on a working holiday visa, what would you put as type? "working", "temporary worker"?
And also, if while on my 2 years of working holiday I came in and out Australia a couple of times, would you note every time you entered and exited the country or it´s only relevant the first time you come into the country on a certain visa?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Mark,
I am in England with my 5 year old daughter. My fiance is in Australia where he works as a fifo worker. He has duel citizenship for australia and UK. He was born in England but has been living in Australia for ten years.

We went to high school together and we began a long distance relationship and have been together for almost 2 years visiting each other. My daughter calls him daddy andbhe classes her as his daughter. Covid and the travel ban has been a nightmare for us. We class ourselves as family but had to apply for 300 visa as we did not have evidence for partner visa.
We are three months into our wait now. The time apart us terrible. Is there anything we can do to be together? Are they currently processing my visa type from the UK at the moment. I am hoping once its granted to apply for exsemption. We have wills in each others names im named on his pension and life insurance and we transfer money to each other send gifts video call daily.

I am aware that he can apply to leave to the UK for 3 months or longer but we are in the process of having our home built in Oz and that would mean him taking alot of time off work to be with us. He is planning to do this once hes saved uo enough money hooefully March but this is a huge financial strain on us as a family.

We are at a bit of a loss and the wait time is unclear. Are you able to give and help/ guidence on how we can be together? Or how long wevare likely to wait for this visa and ifbgranted our chances on an exsemption?

Thank you for your time any help greatly appreciated,

Stacey.
You can see by the recent banning of people from UK into Singapore etc, that if your partner went to the UK he may have serious trouble getting back.

Speak to an agent about better options to the 300.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mark, I am a New Zealand Citizen and am looking at Moving to Australia with my Partner. I would like my partner to apply for the 461 visa which is fine as we meet the requirements but she has used all of the available visas she can already for Australia, do you know if she was to come over on a 3 month visitor visa and bridge to the 461 visa? I can't find the information online. ( edit: if anyone else knows this information that would be great)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Mark,

Merry Christmas and Happy new year 2021 to you and your family!

My wife is on bridging visa to 820 and been recently requested police check, baby due date and health check from CO. She needs to do a chest X-ray but this X-ray is not good for her pregnancy. DHA allows her to defer it until after birth and by then she would probably qualify for 801 (more than 2 years since initial application).

My question is: "How do we request for 801 processing? Is there a mailbox / email address that handles this request? "
Over boring months of 2020, we've been nagging DHA @ [email protected] to prioritise our application and received a few responses from DHA via this email address.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mark,

Hope you are doing well. I am from China Mainland, and I am applying 820 partner visa at the moment. I just received an email saying I should attach Police Check with my application. My situation is a lil bit awkward. I lived in the U.S. for 3 years and rest of time I lived in China. I actually attached my police check from both of the countries, however, the tricky thing is I changed my name when I was 3. The immigration department wants police check that also contains my previous name or documents showing that I changed my name before I turned to 16.

"Please note that the AFP and Police Clearance certificates should cover all the names theapplicant has been known by since turning 16 years old.Or evidence showing that applicant changed the previous name before turning 16 years old".

So two decades ago, all the document was hand written in China, and my parents lost the official change of name document. I managed found a travel document issued by Chinese government when I was 15 years old. It matches my current legal name, which means I am using my current name since I was 15 at least.

Could it be an evidence to submit to immigration department that I changed my name before 16 years old?

Thank you so much and happy new year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
143 visa sponsorship

Hi Mark. My wife and I are both applying for 143 visa for our parents. I applied for 143 visa for my parents in 2018. There was a sponsorship question my wife and I signed. I haven't heard back from the department since I applied. Now my wife is applying for 143 visa for her parents. She wants me to sign the same sponsorship/assurance of support thing for this application. I have 3 concerns about this.

1. Can my signature for her parents' 143 visa application in any way negatively impact my parents' 143 visa application, which my wife and I signed as sponsors back in 2018?

2. Due to COVID-19 I lost my job this year. Currently searching for a new role, but it is unfortunately not very easy in my field. Can my lack of job create a problem for my parents' application submitted in 2018 or for my wife's parents' application she is about to submit this year?

3. I am not prepared to sign this sponsorship for her parents at the moment. My marriage is in a difficult phase and I am concerned about my career/finances. I feel pressured into signing this, and I certainly don't want to be liable for her parent's Centrelink payments should they claim any in the future. Is there any way around it? Maybe I can contact the department, or submit a statement/affidavit to them? I am really afraid of my wife's reaction. It seems unfair that I have to be forced to financially vouch for someone I barely know in my current situation because I am her partner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Partner visa (offshore)

Hi Mark. Thanks so much for offering your time to answer questions!

My husband is applying for his partner visa 309 (offshore) we are in Canada right now. We have two kids who were born in Canada and coming with us when we eventually move to Australia (I'm Australian citizen) I want to apply for citizenship by decent for them after we arrive in Australia.
Do I need to add them to my husband's application form as a non migrating family member?
And do we also need to complete a 47a dependent child form?

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Mark
I have written to you before , what are your fees for thee imagination process to bring my partner over from Thailand .I am with her and been in Thailand for 10 years with her. I am semi -disabled and need her to help me daily ..is there special circumstances to get the visa quicker .Please let me know if you can do out visa case ..

Thankyou
Tinki

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mark,

Thank you for opening this Q&A thread!

My question is:

Do you know if you can lodge different visa application (eg. subclass 600) while your sponsor's 407 nomination application outcome is still pending?

Thank you very much for your help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mark,

My wife applied for a subclass143 visa for her Mum in Dec 2016. She did not apply for her Dad at the time because of the cost. The application has not been touched yet by the Dept. Her Mum now has an aggressive cancer and a 20% chance of living for 5 years. My wife doesn't know what to do. Should she add her Dad to the application on the basis that if Mum dies Dad might be allowed in? What are the chances of a health waiver for Mum? My wife is an only child and they would love to be reunited as a family. Are there compassionate grounds? Would future visitor visas be denied because of the cancer?

Thanks in advance for your help
Frank

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Mark,

I need some advice for following please:

I came here under 457 (valid for 4 years, expired Sep 2019). My former boss is my partner, we fell in love few months after my employment, then become de facto Dec 2016. I brought my son (born in 2001) on March 2017 as dependant under my 457.
Aug 2018, my partner sold the business, I transfered the 457 to the new owner.
April 2019 we lodged 820/801.
After 21 months, we received RFI a week ago asking new Police Certificates for all of us (applicant, sponsor and my son), and also evidences that my son is still my dependant.
Bear in mind, when we lodged, my son were only 17 years old and still studying at senior high school (year 11), he graduated Dec 2019. Because it’s too expensive to continue study under bridging visa, he then started to work since Oct 2019. He works 32-36 hours a week, earn $1200-1400/fortnight after tax. Still casual though. Still live with me and my partner, never once moved out.
He was being stood down on March 2020 and returned to work again on May 2020.
He is now 19 years old, will he still considered as dependant??
I prepared Statutory Declaration, copy of his high school invoices and proof of payment.
I tried to google and am now panicking, worried he may not be eligible as my dependant any longer.

Please help!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Is Mark still participating in this forum ? I have been trying to reach him with no positive response.
I don't believe he is ... maybe it's time to close this tread...?

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I do not think he answers anyone , how does he stay is business.I have asked two questions and wanting to get his services , now I found another one ..who is professional
Mark is very professional... if you want his services, just get in touch direct.

·
Super Moderator
9,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
Hi All -

My apologies for the absence - workload has been over the top. Going forward, I'll be back on the forum at least once a week answering questions. The previous questions are mostly out of date I'm guessing, however if any questions still need answers, please repost and I'll start answering any questions posted after this message appears. Hope all are doing well, and it's great to be back.

Best regards,

Mark Northam

181 - 200 of 243 Posts