Australia Forum banner

201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All -

I'm very excited to be back on the Australia Forum after some time away - it's such a fantastic and friendly community here. I wanted to announce a new 2020 edition of my Ask Mark! thread which I've hosted previously here for some time - as before, happy to do my best to provide information to anyone about Australian migraiton. A few notes:

* I tend to focus on family/partner visas, skilled and employer sponsored visas, and complex cases such as Schedule 3, PIC 4020, health and character cases, and do cases at the AAT Tribunal and the Courts
* I don't work a lot in the areas of student and refugee visas, so may not be the best source of info for these
* I may not be able to give you specific advice for your case if it involves complex or private issues that it's not practical to go into on a public forum - will let you know in this case

In these challenging times, communicating and sharing information is more important than ever, especially with things changing so quickly as they are now with the COVID-19 situation. I'm happy to be here to help, and look forward to your questions.

Best,

Mark Northam
HI MARK ,
First of all God Bless You for your genorosity on this Forum. We need more humans like you around.
Secondly i applied for a carer 836 visa on shore
The applicants sponsor his mother underwent a Bupa assesment getting 40 points impairmwnt and satisfied the carer visa requirements.
However they requested more information to prove no goverment or non goverment , welfare organisations hospitals or sevices australia could provide the care instead of her son.
He was refused on 18th march 21 and has 21 days to apply for aat or 35 days to leave as the evidence wasnt sufficient enough for dept.
Can i please ask for your help in any avenue i can try to contact to gather the information requested, i have contacted aged care shes not old enough and NDIS has not even vontacted us since applying in Nov 2020.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Mark, my student visa expired before I could lodge my visa 485. It was an oversight on my part and it was expired for two days so my visa 485 application didn't push through. I am now on BVC, can I still lodge my visa 485 with BVC? All my documents are complete.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Mark,
My partner is an Australian citizen and residing in Australia.We are in long distance relationship since 2018.Meet in 2019 and have applied my 309 visa application in Feb 2020 ,still waiting and not even received any RFI or email. I have uploaded all the required documents and evidence. It has been 14 months we haven't seen eachother because of Covid restrictions.We have applied for Tourist visa in January 2021 but no response. My age is my biggest concern as i am 38 and he is 42.We want to make family but this wait is ruining everything.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hy mark.i lodged 585 visa on 22 march.My student visa expiry date was also 22 marcah but I could not lodge visa 485 early because my uni published the result on 22 march.They gave me the course completion letter on 22 march and I had all other document ready so I lodged the visa.But I am worried because the I have the course completion date, student visa expiry date and new visa 485 lodgement date same which is 22 march.Doea it affect my visa

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mark
I'm still married ( separated almost 5 years) in the process of partner visa
Applied August 2020 and recently was asked to provide evidence of separation of previous partner. It asks for divorce certificate or equivalent
As divorce isn't finalised any ideas of what I can provide to immigration.
TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mark,
Do you happen to know the email address to send a withdrawal of partner visa sponshorship? It is for an onshore partner visa, lodged in QLD.

Thanks heaps in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mark.

I'm holding BVC right now, for Protection Visa appeal at AAT. Recently applied for Partner Visa, and still waiting.

The BVC for Partner Visa is not active yet, because BVC from Protection Visa is still active. Should i withdraw the AAT appeal for Protection Visa, and let my BVC from Partner Visa kicked in? Or i just leave it like that.

I was planning to apply for work right. If i apply it now, will my work right attached to both BVC or only the BVC that i am on now?

Thank you Mark.

201 - 208 of 208 Posts