Australia Forum banner

121 - 140 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Renouncing Australian citizenship

Hi Mark,

Was wondering if you or any members here have any experience with renouncing Australian citizenship. I am a single mother and have been living in Germany for the past 7 years in Germany. I have sent my application for myself and my kids to renounce citizenship and paid a hefty 615$ to do so.

Does anyone know how long this process takes? Are there any complications that I should know about? We are dual British citizens already but now we're doing this (renouncing Australian citizenship) as it is the last step we need to do before becoming German citizens.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Anna-Lisa

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Mark,hope you doing good! I wanted to ask you,Me and my husband lodged the prospective marriage visa in december 2019,i went for the Biometrics in February 2020,and now due to covid19 i think they have stopped working on the visa.Our agent is telling me to make an appointment for medical checks,but from the imi office we haven't heard something for medical check,do you think that i should make an appointment or should i wait for them to ask it? Also do you know if Australian citizens can travel overseas,as i live in Albania,and my husband in Australia? Thank you in advance ☺
Hi.
Your lodgment of application is similar to mine.i lodge my application in Dec2019.
Can you tell me that either you been asked by DHA for biomatric or you just did?
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
You registered your defacto relationship after your application date? I would probably consult a migration agent ASAP
Thanks for your input.

"Migration Regulation 2.03A(5) provides that r.2.03A(3) does not apply if the de facto relationship is a relationship that is registered under a law of an Australian State or Territory government.

Notably, there is no requirement in the Migration Regulations for the registration of the relationship to have taken place prior to the date of the visa application.

The registration of a relationship can satisfy r.2.03A(5) if it takes place at any time up until the time of decision, as long as it continues at that time.

The Immigration Department's policy states the following in relation to Regulation 2.03A -

Unlike regulation.2.03A(3) which explicitly requires the 12 month relationship criterion to be met at the time of visa application, regulation 2.03A(5) is silent on when the relationship must be registered. As such, an applicant who registers their de facto relationship after the application is made but before it is decided is taken to have met regulation 2.03A(5).

So, it is best to register your relationship as soon as possible, if you need to register your relationship."

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
You registered your defacto relationship after your application date? I would probably consult a migration agent ASAP
To be fair. This particular thread is specifically for Mark, a registered migration agent, to answer.

Effectively a free consultation with a migration agent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey there ,
I have come to Melbourne in March 2018 on 489 family sponsored visa. Now I have completed my 2 years here and have worked on 3 full time jobs. I worked in permanent roles. Now I would like to apply for 887 visa. When I consulted my agent, he said there is a problem with the payslips. Apparently I have taken some sick leave in certain weeks and those won’t be calculated . But those are all full time works and they have paid me the salary since sick leaves should be paid. Will that affect my 52 weeks? Those weeks with paid sick leaves won’t be calculated?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mark!

My husband and I have submitted our 309/100 application on 27/4/2020. I am currently based in Malaysia and he is a PR in Australia.
I have received the email requesting for biometric check and health assessment. However, with the current COVID19 situation, Malaysia is currently on a movement restriction order and I am unable to process any of the above within 28 days - VFS office not open, hospital not doing health assessments.

1) Do I need to upload a document/declaration onto immiaccount informing them of this or email them? Where should I upload it? If by email, whom do I email to?

2) other documents have already been prepared, such as form 888, proof of communication, etc - should I proceed with uploading these anyway for the time being?

Thank you for doing this! Hope you are keeping well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Vik-per -

That screen can be confusing - you can only upload 10 files at a time, however you generally have a total of 100 files (see indication at the top) total. Merging PDFs is a good idea - just make sure how you merge them is logical (ie, you could merge all the photos, tickets and evidence from a particular vacation trip into one file) - also note the 5MB size limit - you will make friends with your PDF shrink/compress/optimise software before long!

Note that you get 100 files for the sponsor and 100 files for the applicant, which changes once the sponsor is "approved" midway through the process - at that point you don't get to upload any more for the sponosr, so definitely consider loading up the sponsor section with anything related to the sponsor. Other files are for files you want to submit that do not fall into any of the categories that are available, so feel free to use that as appropriate.

Hope this helps -

Best,

Mark Northam

Hi Mark,
Thank you again for answering my questions so far its greatly appreciated.
So we paid our fee and it was approved today and now im uploading documents to the immi account. From what i can see a lot of our documents will be in the "relationship" requests and it only accepts 10 files. Can the rest be uploaded onto the sponsors section? )if that makes sense. The "other" documents uploads section at the bottom is that just for documents the CO requests or can more be uploaded there?
Im thinking i might have to merge some pdf's together cos we have a lot of evidence to attach lol.
Hi what do you mean half way through the sponsor gets approved? I am a sponsor and have uploaded everything I need to also my police clearance. Is there something else I need to do as sponsor ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
German police check: Hi Mark,
Just wondering if you might be able to help me. My fiancé and I have applied for PMV 300 on 19 April 2018. He had been requested to provide an updated Police check from when he was in Germany, now in Nigeria. When we applied for the police check everything was still open and we managed to post all information according to the requirements on their website in the end of February with our lawyer. All contact information they provided is not going through and we have not received the police check back.
Is it possible that the immigration can process our application without this last piece of requested information?

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Visitor 600

Hello Mark! :)
I am currently in Australia and due to the situation not able to go home. I came here with Student Visa, then applied for Visitor 600 and suppose to leave. Now my visa is coming to an end and wanted to ask if I really need to pay $1065 for another visa 600? Can I apply for Bridging Visa E and hope to leave in next 28 days? What is best to do? They should not charge that much as it is not visitors fault they have to stay here. Shame they did not follow New Zealand. Looking forward for your reply. Thank you!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mi Mark !
First of all, thanks for your time and much appreciated .
My question is i currently having an Interim Intervention Order for Personal Safety ( IVO) against me from my former employer Which is due to face court in 3 months for final decision ( court may decide to have final order - withdraw or undertalking ).

My question is :

Do i have to declare it in my citizenship application because it is civil matter or i have not been charged by police or found guitly by court ?

Thank you very much in advance
Daniel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Mark,

Thanks for answering everyone's questions!
I tried posting before, but as a new member have no idea what I was doing & the post seems to have disappeared! So I apologise if this comes up twice!
I have noticed that in a few of your replies, you are against front loading applications, but just wanted to pick your brain irregardless to see if you may think differently in different circumstances.
So our circumstance is this: We have lodged my partner's 820 Visa Application 2 days ago, We have uploaded all evidence & necessary paperwork already, the only things we haven't done as yet is the health check. We have even ordered our AFP & ACRO police checks (although haven't received them yet, but did upload evidence of applying for them).
The reason we are thinking of front loading is because I am currently pregnant with both our first child & am worried that once that child gets here, we will be too sleep deprived & busy to organise anything else. My partner is also from the UK, which from my understanding is considered a very 'low risk' country. We are both quite young & as such also have a lot of life to give in Australia as contributing citizens.
The only thing stopping us from getting the health check at the moment is the cost (& the fact that bookings don't reopen till tomorrow), as first time parents, the health check is quite expensive, so we don't want to pay for it twice if it could be avoided; but at the same time, we'd be willing to risk it a little if there is a chance that our CO may approve us quickly. (Ps. My partner doesn't drive & once bub is born late July, Early August; chances are we won't be able to travel easily for the first few months to go to Sydney to visit a BUPA clinic, so I'm worried if we don't do it now, we may not have a chance to do it till at least October 2019). Or am I being too overly optimistic & should just settle in & accept we may be in for a long 29 month wait?
Cheers & Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mark. Hope you well. I would like to ask you about my PR 801 case. I start my application since 2015, i got 820 granted on 7/2017 and applied for PR 801 on 9/2017. And I still wait for til now. I have call immigration department to ask about my case. She said its processing. I would like to ask whether my case is assessed or not? I dont know what I can do to get 801 approved quicker. Can you please give me some advices? Thank you so much

·
Registered
1 Posts
sponsor upload file

Hi Mark,

on previous post, you advised that: "Note that you get 100 files for the sponsor and 100 files for the applicant, which changes once the sponsor is "approved" midway through the process - at that point you don't get to upload any more for the sponsor, so definitely consider..."

Should I submit AFP police check for sponsor asap or wait until DHA asks police certificates as they expire 12 months from the date of issue?

thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
SEARCH IN THE CURRENT
AND SHOW ME
Load Previous
alsarge
Join: Apr 2020

Apr 25, 2020 · #121
Renouncing Australian citizenship

Hi Mark,

Was wondering if you or any members here have any experience with renouncing Australian citizenship. I am a single mother and have been living in Germany for the past 7 years in Germany. I have sent my application for myself and my kids to renounce citizenship and paid a hefty 615$ to do so.

Does anyone know how long this process takes? Are there any complications that I should know about? We are dual British citizens already but now we're doing this (renouncing Australian citizenship) as it is the last step we need to do before becoming German citizens.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Anna-Lisa

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mark,

I am a secondary school teacher working full-time on 489 visa. I'm starting to gather evidence for 887 visa application.

My questions:
- Although I'm working at 1.0 full-time ordinary hours (as indicated in my employment contract; employer can provide employment reference letter for this), my working hours is listed as 32hrs/week in my payslips.
May I know if this would still satisfy the 887 visa work requirement?

- I'm actually living in my friend's house as a house carer, free of rent. No rental agreement etc. Will a statutory declaration from my friend, insurance bills, bank statements, and mobile phone bills suffice as residence evidence?

Looking forward to your reply.

NTAu

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mark, I'm just new here, and I just want to ask if it is okay to apply PMV 300 online despite of the pandemic? Would the embassy/immigration accept my application if I will apply? Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Mark

My wife's partner visa has been granted this year and now a citizenship which is a relief but now it is my friend's turn who want to sponsor his wife to Australia. I know first thing she needs to do is apply ETA first before applying Partner visa 820 but it seems like it cannot be done due to the outbreak travel restriction?
https://www.eta.homeaffairs.gov.au/ETAS3/etas

Any thoughts?
When you choose apply and country, it states:

Important notice
Strict travel restrictions are in place for all countries due to COVID-19. You should not apply for any visa until checking the latest information.

Does it mean that she cannot travel to Australia now?
Or she has to apply for exemption?
Even so, is it likely that due to the current status, most likely it will imposed the No Further Stay restriction as well?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mark.
We are a family of 3 from Tunisia.
I am interested in immigrating to Australia to leave there and we dont know or how the Visa to apply .
we do not found where to start.
Ps: we have all the necessary skills.
Thanks in advance.

121 - 140 of 208 Posts