Australia Forum banner
161 - 180 of 243 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Mark.
Hope you are well during this time.
Looking for some advise regarding a dependant child 445 visa.
Looking to complete a 445 visa, however my wife's child is currently offshore. I believe we must apply via VFS in Jakarta however due to COVID the office is currently closed, would you know if we can forward an application to the Perth DHA office or would we be best to wait until VFS re-opens or is there another way we should be approaching this?
My wife was approved for her 820 partner visa Tuesday this week.
Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Thanks Jason

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Mark

Holders of Prospective Marriage Visas are not being granted travel exemptions at this time and as such may not be able to abide by the enter by date visa condition. As there a reprieve from immigration to alter the enter by date or one would have to reapply for a new visa when that happens.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Mark,

I am in need of some advice regarding PMV 300

My fiance and I are in the process of applying for the PMV 300.
We are stressing about whether now is a good time to apply for it, due to the lockdown but we also want to make the most of this time and rather use it to wait for the visa.

He is still in Aus and I had to come back to South Africa (SA) and we haven't seen each other in almost 5 months now.

I have a few questions and would really appreciate it if someone could help us get clarity on a few things.

Due to the lockdown in Aus and SA, he is not able to get the Stat Decs signed and I also have to do a health and police check.
How soon after submitting the application and paying the money do we need to add all the documents? We have all the photos, Whatsapp/call logs ready, but not the stat decs, police checks, or health checks.

I also read online that Aus might be planning to open for Jan 2021 - June 2021 (not sure if how true this is) but I am scared that if we apply now, and 12 months from now borders close again and then we get the grant - would we be able to apply for an exemption? (I read a few sad stories of couples getting their exemptions denied and their visa time running out and about to lose the money and visa)

Any advice would be highly appreciated as this is such a big step and with so much uncertainty, any clarity would be really great.

Thank you so much in advance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Mark,

Thanks for doing this thread again, I know it's helped a lot of people in the past!

I wanted to ask a couple of questions about my partner visa (on shore) application:
I applied in Feb 2020 and immediately (literally straight away) it flagged that I should get health checks. I ignored this as I figured it would take ages to get a case officer etc and I didn't want it to time out, with the departments website even saying you should wait until near the end of the average processing time, but now, 6months on, with it still stuck on 'received' with the action required flag, I wondered if I should get my health checks done? I haven't received any info from the department and my application's last update is 'payment received'. Really don't want to waste $500 on health checks if I'll need a new set next year.

Also when I generated my referral letter for a medical exam through immi it says my Visa is an 801 Spouse Permanent. Does this mean I would be heading for an immediate permanent visa rather than doing the 820 - 2 years - 801 route, or do all 820s just take an 801 medical exam? Don't want to get my hopes up but that would be marvelous!

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Help in deciding the right visa; carer visa or visit visa

Hi All -

I'm very excited to be back on the Australia Forum after some time away - it's such a fantastic and friendly community here. I wanted to announce a new 2020 edition of my Ask Mark! thread which I've hosted previously here for some time - as before, happy to do my best to provide information to anyone about Australian migraiton. A few notes:

* I tend to focus on family/partner visas, skilled and employer sponsored visas, and complex cases such as Schedule 3, PIC 4020, health and character cases, and do cases at the AAT Tribunal and the Courts
* I don't work a lot in the areas of student and refugee visas, so may not be the best source of info for these
* I may not be able to give you specific advice for your case if it involves complex or private issues that it's not practical to go into on a public forum - will let you know in this case

In these challenging times, communicating and sharing information is more important than ever, especially with things changing so quickly as they are now with the COVID-19 situation. I'm happy to be here to help, and look forward to your questions.

Best,

Mark Northam
Hi Mark,

I hope you are doing well. Thanks for providing your valuable time in guiding the community over here. I have couple of questions and would appreciate your help in this regard.

My 11 months daughter is unfortunately suffering from one of the rare neurological disorder which impact her overall development. She practically needs support and care for it 24/7. We have another daughter 2 and half year old who is growing and obviously need attention all the time. Its really challenging for mum to look after both the babies at the same time. I am doing full time doctorate studies and part-time driving to support the family so its very difficult to me to be with my daughter for caring purposes all the time.

We fortunately have my parents here at the moment on visit visa. They came to visit us on the birth of my daughter and are living with us from that time. Their presence and support is what has helped us so far in managing our daughter successfully. Unfortunately, their visit visa is expiring this month. They dont have any 'No further stay condition' and now I have to decide which visa will be best for them.

I came across this carer visa recently. I personally think, we fulfill the criteria. But going through this forum and internet, it seems this visa is very complicated. I have already gone through the BUPA assessment for my daughter who have issued a positive certificate in our favour. However, there is another important point for this visa which is if we have sought the support in Australia and why the care requirements can not be met in Australia Thats where I would appreciate if you can share your thoughts with me.

My understanding is as my daughter has high care needs and require support 24/7 for a longer period of time (as supported by BUPA as well), its literally impossible for any organisation to provide at-home support for such a long duration. The support organisations are able to provide respite for few hours a week but not more than that. and to hire a personal carer will be too expensive. These sort of care requirements can only be met by someone from the family and hence I would like to sponsor my mother for this purpose. She is already caring for my daughter for last 11 months and is well aware of her illness and the her caring requirements.

Considering the above scenario, what do you think of our carer visa application? Is it strong enough to be launched or you will prefer a normal visit visa instead?

Is my understanding above of why the care requirements can not be met in Australia correct? Will a letter from my social worker from hospital stating these facts will be a good enough evidence or will I need other evidences to support it?

What I am worried about is the risk that their application is rejected straight away and I even lose the opportunity to launch their visit visa. If their carer visa application is rejected, it means they will have to return back home immediately which will be a disaster for us as we really need their support. So, I am really keen to know if the case is strong enough to have atleast BVA granted for some time.

Also, in case if their application is rejected and we go to the tribunal which is also rejected and they have to go back to the home country. Will it have any impact on their future visit visa applications? So far their record is 100%, they have been granted visit visa every time they have applied and have always met the visa requirements. Will the rejection of this visa, put them in a black list and reduce their chances of getting a visit visa in the future.

Sorry for the long post but I will appreciate if you can share your valuable experience with me in this regard.

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Mark i ask couple time but haven't recieved any response from you I have applied 820/801 visa in June 2017 still waiting for approval 820 what could be the reason behind delay I m from India i have upload all the updated documents time to time its very painful time we going through. Can you please tell us about your experience

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi Mark!

Firstly I would like to say this platform is really helpfull to get sorted partner visa related issues.

Now my question is related to police clearance.
My partner who is Australian received her Police clearance recently and I sent to my Agent for uploading on file but my agent refused to do it because this police clearance says "Partial Disclosure" but FPC states that no any offence recorded in Federal, State and in any territories.
And applying again is waste of money.

Now I would like to know that this police clearance is not the right one? Also if agent Upload this than it can effect on my partner application in negative way?

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Mark,
I'm a permanent resident, I won't apply for a citizenship because Germany won't allow me to have dual citizenship (I have the german and another citizenship already)

Can I live indefinitely in Australia without ever applying for a citizenship and apply for a Resident Return visa (RRV) every time I want to travel?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Mark,
I received the permanent residency trough a partner visa 2 years ago, since then I broke up with my partner who sponsored me.
I want to apply for the citizenship, would it be an issue that I'm not longer with the person who sponsored me in order to obtained the citizenship?
I've been living in Aus for the past 6 years, and I've been a permanent resident for the past 2.

Regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Mark

I am trying to send you a private message it isn't going through.

Presently I am working on lodging an onshore partner visa but there's is need to meet schedule 3 criteria. Can you send me your contact let's discuss in private.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi mark we applied 309 offshore in feb 2020 and last month we applied tourist visa twice and its rejected both time just want to know that refusal is going to make a bad effect on my 309 visa or not and we have a newborn baby also from this marriage.
Thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Mark!

Thank you for taking out time to answer questions.

My fiance moved to Australia for studies in Feb 2020 and her student visa expires in March 2020. I asked her to marry me after her move here. We had a long distance relationship and when she moved to Melbourne, I was in Tasmania finishing my course but was unable to visit her during holidays (as planned) due to covid related border closures. My course ended in July and finally in Dec I was able to go to Melbourne and stay with her after state borders opened. I am on her lease in Melbourne. We plan to get married in Jan 2021 and apply for the partner visa in Feb 2021. We have already registered our relationship with Births Deaths and marriages Gov. When I visited her in Dec we took a lot of pictures and hung out with friends. We dont have pics from before that. We have a joint account and I have been putting in money every month for her rent and living expenses since she moved to Melbourne. We are doing a registry style wedding as due to covid all my savings have been used up and I was on job keepers till Nov. I only have one friend in Melbourne as I am mostly on ship for work, and so does she, because she has been under lock down since she moved there. We will also not be able to move into our own place till May, hoping for a promotion and raise by then to be able to afford our own rental.

-I would like to know will not being able to meet her from Feb till Nov due to covid be counted as a negative thing in our situation?
-Do you think our case is strong or weak?
-Any advice on how to make our case stronger?
-Also, what are the timelines for getting the TR and PR these days.

Thank You,

Ali Masky

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Mark,
I am in England with my 5 year old daughter. My fiance is in Australia where he works as a fifo worker. He has duel citizenship for australia and UK. He was born in England but has been living in Australia for ten years.

We went to high school together and we began a long distance relationship and have been together for almost 2 years visiting each other. My daughter calls him daddy andbhe classes her as his daughter. Covid and the travel ban has been a nightmare for us. We class ourselves as family but had to apply for 300 visa as we did not have evidence for partner visa.
We are three months into our wait now. The time apart us terrible. Is there anything we can do to be together? Are they currently processing my visa type from the UK at the moment. I am hoping once its granted to apply for exsemption. We have wills in each others names im named on his pension and life insurance and we transfer money to each other send gifts video call daily.

I am aware that he can apply to leave to the UK for 3 months or longer but we are in the process of having our home built in Oz and that would mean him taking alot of time off work to be with us. He is planning to do this once hes saved uo enough money hooefully March but this is a huge financial strain on us as a family.

We are at a bit of a loss and the wait time is unclear. Are you able to give and help/ guidence on how we can be together? Or how long wevare likely to wait for this visa and ifbgranted our chances on an exsemption?

Thank you for your time any help greatly appreciated,

Stacey.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Hi Mark,
I am in England with my 5 year old daughter. My fiance is in Australia where he works as a fifo worker. He has duel citizenship for australia and UK. He was born in England but has been living in Australia for ten years.

We went to high school together and we began a long distance relationship and have been together for almost 2 years visiting each other. My daughter calls him daddy andbhe classes her as his daughter. Covid and the travel ban has been a nightmare for us. We class ourselves as family but had to apply for 300 visa as we did not have evidence for partner visa.
We are three months into our wait now. The time apart us terrible. Is there anything we can do to be together? Are they currently processing my visa type from the UK at the moment. I am hoping once its granted to apply for exsemption. We have wills in each others names im named on his pension and life insurance and we transfer money to each other send gifts video call daily.

I am aware that he can apply to leave to the UK for 3 months or longer but we are in the process of having our home built in Oz and that would mean him taking alot of time off work to be with us. He is planning to do this once hes saved uo enough money hooefully March but this is a huge financial strain on us as a family.

We are at a bit of a loss and the wait time is unclear. Are you able to give and help/ guidence on how we can be together? Or how long wevare likely to wait for this visa and ifbgranted our chances on an exsemption?

Thank you for your time any help greatly appreciated,

Stacey.
The current quoted processing time for this visa is 16-29 months. Many 300 holders have struggled, and will likely continue to struggle for some time, to get travel exemptions, hence the recent announcements around extensions and refunds for this visa class.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thabks for your responce Mark and taking your time to reply. I know from my immi account the 16 to 29 months I just wondered if there was any chance of sooner than rhis and how accurate it was? I appreciate there are many in the same position as ourselves. I am taking from what you are saying we just have to be patient and wait. There is nothing we can do. Our wedding is booked for October im guessing from the wait times this is going to have to be pushed back.
I hope you are well and coping ok in these uncertain times.
Many thanks 😊

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Mark, I don't know anyone personally for an year to sign the identity form 1195 for citizenship.
I have permanent residency for 2 years now.. I work in retail services and have no connection with the members listed in form 1195...

I have been to docters but couple of times a year for 4 years with same docter.. I'm not sure if she would sign it... Does she need to know me personally or professionally like a client to verify my identity??

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mark, I would like to know how an assisted citizenship looks like? Have any of your clients gone through that process? What do they mean by 'assistance'? As in do they read the questions for you? Or do they interpret the questions in your language? Please give your insights into this topic. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Mark,

Thank you for sharing your expertise with us!

I (a British citizen) applied for 309 in May 2020 from London UK and still waiting for the outcome. However, my husband and I (married for over 2 years) would really need to travel to Sydney in March / April 2021, and ideally be able to stay for 9-12 months. With the travel restrictions, I understand that as a married partner I could travel with my husband as long as I have a valid visa.

Could we apply for tourist visa, either a eVisitor (651) or tourist visa (600)? Will applying for a tourist visa while waiting for the outcome affect my 309 application status? The tourist visa (600) has a processing time of 5-7 months so I’m not sure if we could wait that long.

Any advice or insights would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mark, I'm new to the group and I'm looking for an answer for 461 Visa missed health insurance. My visa will be expired September 2021 and will renew it but I missed 2 years of my health insurance due to a personal reasons. Should I get a migration agent or a lawyer to act on my behalf.

TIA 😊

161 - 180 of 243 Posts