Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was granted an extended eligibility class TK subclass 445 visa (child dependent 445) last week. It is said that I must be in Australia to lodge a permanent partner form 1002 to obtain PR visa.*

Nonetheless, I want to know that while my mom PR visa and mine are being decided, can I go outside Australia? If so, how long can I stay outside Australia?

Can I wait a year in my living-now country to complete my study first, I go to Australia and lodge my PR visa then? If so, will this affect both my mom PR and mine?

How long does the visa process take?

More info: my mom has lived in Aus long enough to apply for PR visa. So she lodged her application on August last year. Her PR visa status isn't yet completely successful in order to wait for my application.

thank you

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
I think you are able to travel out of Australia with your visa while you wait for a decision, BUT if you lodged the original dependent child visa in Australia I think you also have to lodge the 1002 form in Australia too.

How and where to lodge your application
If the child is in Australia when their application is lodged the application must be lodged in Australia and the child must be in Australia when the visa is granted.

If the child is outside Australia when their application is lodged the application must be lodged outside Australia and the child must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.

If you are still unsure, look at the DIAC website or call the immigration department and ask them directly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.