Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I had applied for Australian partner visa on 15th June 2017. I joined my husband in Australia on a tourist visa on 12th October 2017.

I have received an email from Australian High Commission, New Delhi that my application is ready to be finalised.

"Our records indicate that you are currently in Australia.

This email is to advise you that you are requested to depart Australia within 28 days from today. A decision on your application may be made based on the available information after 28 days from today. If you are still in Australia at that time you will not be able to meet the requirements prescribed in Regulation 309.412 and your application may be finalised accordingly."

I have planned my departure and have notified them via. email of the dates and I have received an automated email.

Could someone please let me know if they have been through a similar process before?

Q1. How long do they take grant the visa once you have left Australia?

Q2. I am traveling to Fiji on 15th January and return flights are booked for 21st January. Is this enough time for them to grant the partner visa?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
It depends. It is normally within two or three days, but can faster or slower. I had one visa grant a few years ago the department granted it just after the person cleared immigration at Perth Airport, and even before the aircraft took off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi @praveendsouza85

I too have received a similar email. It is also mentioned that

"The onus is on the applicant that they should not depart until they receive a confirmation from the department and should use appropriate subject heading as requested above to identify the email as urgent."

Did you wait for them to confirm your travel dates ? How many days did they take to respond ?

I have been waiting for almost a week and there isn't any reply from them yet.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Hi @praveendsouza85

I too have received a similar email. It is also mentioned that

"The onus is on the applicant that they should not depart until they receive a confirmation from the department and should use appropriate subject heading as requested above to identify the email as urgent."

Did you wait for them to confirm your travel dates ? How many days did they take to respond ?

I have been waiting for almost a week and there isn't any reply from them yet.
They never replied to my email and calling them was useless. I just left as planned and got the grant just fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.