Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Department Is currently reviewing medical exam, and all info is in. Just waiting on a decision now.. 9 months now, hoping for a quick decision! Wish us luck.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We waited until we were contacted on Sep 26th. Obtained police and FBI checks within a week, and medical within 3 weeks. It;s best to wait until they contact you for that info as you never know how long it will take for them to contact you.

·
Registered
312 Posts
We waited until we were contacted on Sep 26th. Obtained police and FBI checks within a week, and medical within 3 weeks. It;s best to wait until they contact you for that info as you never know how long it will take for them to contact you.
Yes it is recommended to wait for requests for Medicals and police checks. A lot of people also upload them around 3-6 months after applying too, which is probably what we will do. Either option is fine. The risk of uploading when first applying is they could potentially expire. So waiting at least a few months is safe.

Keep us all posted for your application. Hope your grant is just around the corner!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, the police and FBI you can do soon. The medical I had to wait until contacted for the department to give me my medical ID number and form to make an appointment at an approved clinic.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well, the police and FBI you can do soon. The medical I had to wait until contacted for the department to give me my medical ID number and form to make an appointment at an approved clinic.
I believe you can do the medical at any time. You dont need to wait for a CO to request it. After submitting an application, there should be a button under health, where you are able to generate a HAP ID number, where you can then proceed to organise Medicals.

Happy to be proven wrong, but just thought I would mention if anyone reads this thread in regards to doing Medicals at an earlier date.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm in Los Angeles, CA, She's in Melbourne. Good luck!
Congratulations!
I'm from Oregon and my fiance is from Western Australia. We applied in March 2017, and haven't heard anything yet. What was your timeline?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.