Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CCMS 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I have a question, especially for migration agents or anyone who has an idea and viable information about subclass 835 visa.

My mum already lodged her PR this April, and we are waiting for the result. If ever that her PR is already released, A: can she petition me as her last remaining relative back in my home country? Her ex-husband (my father - sorry I feel weird calling him that) is still alive, but living in other country - they are annulled by the way. I have one brother, living peacefully in Macau with his family. B: is it alright if we apply for this kind of visa even if her ex-husband and my brother is still alive? I am already in Australia and is currently holding a student visa. C. If ever that we could lodge this kind of visa (subclass 835), can we apply for a bridging visa? And just to clarify things, bridging visa is a visa while you're waiting for the result of your lodge visa, right?

Thanks and I hope that someone could answer my questions...

#3 ·
I agree totally with Maggie-may, the site
https://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/835.aspx
States specifically they don't take into account how frequently or recently you have had contact with other close family members.
They also warn that the fee $3500 is not refundable and there is a quota on the number of visas issued.
Might be worth considering another type of visa.

#4 · (Edited)
Hello Everyone!

I have a question, especially for migration agents or anyone who has an idea and viable information about subclass 835 visa.

My mum already lodged her PR this April, and we are waiting for the result. If ever that her PR is already released, A: can she petition me as her last remaining relative back in my home country? Her ex-husband (my father - sorry I feel weird calling him that) is still alive, but living in other country - they are annulled by the way. I have one brother, living peacefully in Macau with his family. B: is it alright if we apply for this kind of visa even if her ex-husband and my brother is still alive? I am already in Australia and is currently holding a student visa. C. If ever that we could lodge this kind of visa (subclass 835), can we apply for a bridging visa? And just to clarify things, bridging visa is a visa while you're waiting for the result of your lodge visa, right?

Thanks and I hope that someone could answer my questions...
As I do not know anything about your current visa conditions or the visa your mother is applying for, keep in mind that the following application may not be applicable to your particular situation.

Your mother could possibly add you to her current application (depending on what visa she is applying for) or sponsor you for a child visa once she gets PR.

Either way you'd have to provide evidence that you are her dependent child.

In the case of a child visa, if you are over 18 :

Children between 18 and 25 years of age

A child between 18 and 25 years of age who does not have a disability that prevents them from working must:

• never have had, and not now have, a spouse or de facto partner
  • not be engaged to be married
  • not be in full-time work
  • be a full-time student.
  • To be a full-time student, the child must:
  • be currently enrolled and participating in a full-time course of study leading to a professional, trade or vocational qualification
  • have started that course since turning 18 years of age or within six months or a reasonable time after finishing school.

The child must be a full-time student when they apply for this visa. Any gaps of more than six months between the final year of school and tertiary studies must be explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.