Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Has anyone recently lodged their visa application (PMV, spousal, de facto etc) in Auckland? What is the processing time like? I have tried to find other's cases on the timeline thread but only saw one. I am hoping they aren't that backed up any more.

Any news or info would be appreciated!
:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am also interested in this...

Plus, I read in the family/spouse timeline thread that someone submitted their application in Auckland but they were told that it would be sent to Brazil (their home country) for processing. Does this happen often? My partner and I will be submitting a partner application in the next few months. He is a Turkish citizen but he will be in NZ on a temporary work visa. Can he still submit in Auckland or should be send direct to Turkey?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there,

We applied in June at Auckland and have not heard a thing, They sent us a letter saying that it would be 6-12 months.. its almost 6 months and still nothing.

I am hoping to get it before xmas but I doubt it. Ive been told that everyone comes to NZ to apply to get visas into OZ so there is a big backlog.

On the bright side Ive been told onshore visa are much much longer and cost a grand more.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My partner and I are about to apply in Auckland in the next week, so I'm quite interested as well. Thumperlucy did you frontload your application when you applied?

Does anyone think it would be quicker to send the application to the UK (where my partner is from)? As they seem to be taking 4 - 5 months, rather than 6+. I'm not sure if you can even do this, but if Auckland have a backlog, it might be better sending it to London who seem to be slightly speedier..

·
Registered
8 Posts
My partner and I are about to apply in Auckland in the next week, so I'm quite interested as well. Thumperlucy did you frontload your application when you applied?

Does anyone think it would be quicker to send the application to the UK (where my partner is from)? As they seem to be taking 4 - 5 months, rather than 6+. I'm not sure if you can even do this, but if Auckland have a backlog, it might be better sending it to London who seem to be slightly speedier..
Yes we frontloaded it and did the medical the same day, they did tell us that they would ask us for it. But after going through all these sites we thought it best to front load it.

Ive found out in another forum that somone just got it in 5 and half months. We are about to hit the 5 months now but have just found out that our change of address needed to be on a form even though we had emailed and sent them a letter.

Im not sure if you can send it to the UK - after all the paperwork we had to get and the original paperwork and getting everything certified i would be worried it could go missing. We went in and paid on the spot so we got our file number that day.. and we knew when they got etc.

We are about to hit our 1 year mark being in NZ and my partner had to apply to stay here and we were thinking OMG not again.. we got int 2 weeks!!! wish it could be that easy for OZ.. :(

I will let you know when or if we get any news.
Fingers crossed !!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all,

I lodged my PMV on November 15th and received my acknowledgement letter from the embassy.
They have asked for a copy of my current NZ visa but havent given me any information as to where to send it!
I can scan the bloody thing and email them a copy but I guess I havent got a case officer yet (Have file number).

6-12 months is a right pain but Im happy to be closer to my Fiance as she is currently in Sydney and has full residency now, rather then being stuck halfway around the world back home in the grim UK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello all,

I lodged my PMV on November 15th and received my acknowledgement letter from the embassy.
They have asked for a copy of my current NZ visa but havent given me any information as to where to send it!
I can scan the bloody thing and email them a copy but I guess I havent got a case officer yet (Have file number).

6-12 months is a right pain but Im happy to be closer to my Fiance as she is currently in Sydney and has full residency now, rather then being stuck halfway around the world back home in the grim UK.
Can I ask how they contacted you?
Ive had no contact except for the letter which they told us the day we went it we would receive and is a standard letter.

·
Registered
833 Posts
It used to be fast and painless. However since it was much easier to get a visa in NZ due to Transtasman agreements a lot of people started applying thru NZ. Basically it is not hard to see the logic, let's get an easy NZ visa and apply in NZ.
This created a huge backlog as the process was designed for Kiwi applications only.
They are looking into sorting this out and sending applications to original/ designated processing centers is one step

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there,

We applied in June at Auckland and have not heard a thing, They sent us a letter saying that it would be 6-12 months.. its almost 6 months and still nothing.

I am hoping to get it before xmas but I doubt it. Ive been told that everyone comes to NZ to apply to get visas into OZ so there is a big backlog.

On the bright side Ive been told onshore visa are much much longer and cost a grand more.
Hi ThumperLucy,

Any news on your application yet? My partner and I also applied at the Auckland office for a defacto 309 in June and haven't yet heard anything. Feeling so entirely despondent about it all! Just want to be able to plan our lives and get settled.

Which case did you hear of being applied in five months? Would love to know.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi ThumperLucy,

Any news on your application yet? My partner and I also applied at the Auckland office for a defacto 309 in June and haven't yet heard anything. Feeling so entirely despondent about it all! Just want to be able to plan our lives and get settled.

Which case did you hear of being applied in five months? Would love to know.

Thanks for your help!
Hey there! no news... just a long nothingness.

its a bit reassuring that you havent heard anything either. Ive been told that its normal that they wont reply.

I found the other person in another forum on a similar thread - google it, it should come up, ive posted on there to about change of address.

let me know if you hear anything and I will keep you posted also. Can I ask where your partner is from?

Also have you seen that as of the end of November they are now doing all visas through a different office. Ive also tried to call them and email them and no reply.
:(

I know how you feel, im sick of living in limbo and just want to settle down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi ThumperLucy,

Yes it is good that we're all in the same boat - just wish they'd hurry up. My partner is from the UK, but has permanent residency here - what about yours?

I went into the AVAC office in December - freaked out that it had all changed - and basically they said they are a queuing system for the Department of Immigration and that it wouldn't hold up our application at all. It should make it quicker as all the admin work is now handled by them leaving DIAC free to assess cases (well here's hoping anyway!)...

Just wish we could have some timeframe to work to so we could make plans... I know it does seem like I am complaining a lot, but I think I underestimated the impact this would have on our lives!

Please keep me updated - it's good to have others going through the same thing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I submitted our application on the 13th Jan.

I haven't been able to get any reliable information from either the consulate here or the AVAC about how long it will take.

So we will wait and try to be patient.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ezza, I too submitted my application on 9th Jan! Be interesting to keep in touch and let each other know if we hear word. Was it for subclass 309?
I'm expecting word around 6 months, possibly 4 - so I've read from other sources. Who knows what to believe. Im hoping the fact they have a new processing office may help to speed things up so you never know, we might get lucky.

My friend applied for Prospective Marriage visa in Auckland. Six months passed and hadnt heard a word. Wasn't until she called them up they said "Uh, yes your visa was approved last month, were you not informed?". Gather from that what you will! I hate horror stories!

Good luck everyone, keep us updated!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ezza, I too submitted my application on 9th Jan! Be interesting to keep in touch and let each other know if we hear word. Was it for subclass 309?
I'm expecting word around 6 months, possibly 4 - so I've read from other sources. Who knows what to believe. Im hoping the fact they have a new processing office may help to speed things up so you never know, we might get lucky.

My friend applied for Prospective Marriage visa in Auckland. Six months passed and hadnt heard a word. Wasn't until she called them up they said "Uh, yes your visa was approved last month, were you not informed?". Gather from that what you will! I hate horror stories!

Good luck everyone, keep us updated!
Yes, we're in the same boat. My husband is UK citizen with PR here in NZ. We've been married 12 years and have 4 kids so I'm really hoping they'll just give us the 100 straight away...not counting on it but it'd be really nice :)
Will definitely let you know if i hear anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All,
Well we finally got good news this week and our visa has been granted. its taken just over 8 months.

Has anyone else had thiers granted yet?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats Thumperlucy.
8 months, long time, was it 309 visa you applied for? Where is your partner from?
We are still pretty fresh and applied in Jan. I dont know how much more waiting I can take! Specially with winter approaching here very soon!
All the best!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Yes it was a 309 visa.. they are currently doing June 2011 applictaions, maybe even July now.

We have been in NZ for 14 months now.. we had to get the living together up before we could apply. I got so upset when i found out how long it would take and couldnt handle living in Auckland anymore so we moved to Wellington and now much happier.

im sorry its not better news.. they now have a third part involved so that should speed up the process. Tho they never answer the phone so I rang immi in OZ to speak to someone who said they are still having 'teething' problems.

let me know how you go.. ive learnt so much about this process and happy to answer any questions.. i know i had heaps!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

Yes it was a 309 visa.. they are currently doing June 2011 applictaions, maybe even July now.

We have been in NZ for 14 months now.. we had to get the living together up before we could apply. I got so upset when i found out how long it would take and couldnt handle living in Auckland anymore so we moved to Wellington and now much happier.

im sorry its not better news.. they now have a third part involved so that should speed up the process. Tho they never answer the phone so I rang immi in OZ to speak to someone who said they are still having 'teething' problems.

let me know how you go.. ive learnt so much about this process and happy to answer any questions.. i know i had heaps!
Wow, July, really? Thats insane! Definately a game of patience now. Tho like yourself, I'm growing a bit tired of where we are. We have been in Welly since September. Nice city but we are dying of boredom! I guess there are worse places to be. My partner has an awesome job here so we cant really leave. Im just temping away at the mo! Now that Winter is slowly kicking in, its going to be tougher! We are the same, I am UK and my bloke is Aussie. I'm glad to hear you have the news finally you've been waiting so patiently for! Im checking the mail box religiously each day but looking like I've got a fair wait on my hands.
One question though, what was your letter/email like when you received your case officer? We received one letter, hand signed by a case officer, but it didnt mention any contact details for her (I thought they included this should you need to send more evidence). But it didnt specifically say - This is your case officer, or Your case officer has been assigned. We received this a month after applying. I was over the moon but now I'm thinking it might not necessarily be the letter I thought it was!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Wow, July, really? Thats insane! Definately a game of patience now. Tho like yourself, I'm growing a bit tired of where we are. We have been in Welly since September. Nice city but we are dying of boredom! I guess there are worse places to be. My partner has an awesome job here so we cant really leave. Im just temping away at the mo! Now that Winter is slowly kicking in, its going to be tougher! We are the same, I am UK and my bloke is Aussie. I'm glad to hear you have the news finally you've been waiting so patiently for! Im checking the mail box religiously each day but looking like I've got a fair wait on my hands.
One question though, what was your letter/email like when you received your case officer? We received one letter, hand signed by a case officer, but it didnt mention any contact details for her (I thought they included this should you need to send more evidence). But it didnt specifically say - This is your case officer, or Your case officer has been assigned. We received this a month after applying. I was over the moon but now I'm thinking it might not necessarily be the letter I thought it was!
You guys are in welly and your bored?? good thing you didnt start in Auckland.. now that was boring!! I did the same thing.. checking the letter box every day.. it was driving me crazy in the end cause it was always empty

We got the same letter giving a timeline of 6-12 months. we got a email saying they needed more info from us..

Do you know if you can email on here? i can email you more in depth what we did and went through...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.