Australia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I am in need of some advice on the quickest way to be able to return to Australia with our baby.
The wife and I are currently in North Macedonia where we have been since last August where i am a dual citizen of.
Our baby automatically has become a citizen of this country after birth and also has a passport and we have taken out an international birth certificate.
We need to be back in Australia by August and wondering if it would be quicker to take out a subclass 600 visitor visa for the baby and dealing with citizenship once we return, rather than going through the process of citizenship of descent here and then having to go through the passport process which could be a problem as there is no Australian embassy here and could be more time consuming,

Also to add to the uncertainty, from reading other peoples experiences that process times for both are quite shocking and very hit and miss. Would my wife and I being Australian citizens carry any weight in the process for the visitor visa for the little one or is it a totally arbitrary process?

It is quite difficult finding information regarding our situation and would greatly appreciate any advice and opinions by others that have been in similar situations.

And just one stupid question lol , do scanned documents have to be notarised for uploading on immi?
I have all original documents including original international birth certificate for the little one that i can directly scan or do they have to be copied and then notarised before scanning?

Thanks for any help I recieve.

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
Colour scans of supporting documents do not have to be certified. Where the welfare of a child is concerned I suggest you take professional advice from a registered migration agent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts