Australia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, to all..

Hope everyone is safe.

I have a question to ask...can we still travel to Australia using the ETA during this travel ban? Is there any possibilities that when we apply for this ETA, it wont be approved?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,099 Posts
Hi, to all..

Hope everyone is safe.

I have a question to ask...can we still travel to Australia using the ETA during this travel ban? Is there any possibilities that when we apply for this ETA, it wont be approved?

Thanks
At the moment Australia is only allowing Citizens, Permanent Residents , and their immediate family to enter.
Anyone who does not fall into this category needs to apply for an exemption to travel to Australia.
So even if you obtain an ETA, you still need to either be in the exempt category or hold an exemption certificate.
Add to that flights are very hard to get and very expensive, and you will also need to pay for your compulsory 14 quarantine on arrival, which is $2500.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the moment Australia is only allowing Citizens, Permanent Residents , and their immediate family to enter.
Anyone who does not fall into this category needs to apply for an exemption to travel to Australia.
So even if you obtain an ETA, you still need to either be in the exempt category or hold an exemption certificate.
Add to that flights are very hard to get and very expensive, and you will also need to pay for your compulsory 14 quarantine on arrival, which is $2500.

Thanks for you reply...

Lets say, we get the exemption certificate, does that mean we don't need the ETA anymore? just curious...thanks again

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi, to all..

Hope everyone is safe.

Thanks
ETAs are very hard to get at the moment and if you obtain one you then need to apply for permission to travel - this is also hard to get. It is free to apply for both so you can try. We provide a service where we apply on your behalf so feel free to contact me on p[email protected] if you like. Peter Rozsy, Registered Migration Agent #9901480

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does anyone know whether the processing times are still pretty quick (24 hrs) for an ETA or if these are taking much longer? And how long does the exemption take to go through? I'm a permanent resident and trying to find a way for my mom to visit from the US in March.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know whether the processing times are still pretty quick (24 hrs) for an ETA or if these are taking much longer? And how long does the exemption take to go through? I'm a permanent resident and trying to find a way for my mom to visit from the US in March.
Hi, I got my ETA within a couple of hours. The exemption (we just got married and only submitted marriage certificate and our rental agreement as only evidence) took 5 days (was granted about a week ago). Hope that helps :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts