Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  AkashS04 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
I have done B.tech in CSE, have experience of almost 3.6 years as a Software Engineer and positive skill assessment from ACS and scored 65 in each module of PTE, so I am eligible to claim 55 points. I want to know the pathways I can follow for Australia immigration.
Thanks.

#2 ·
For AU Immigration, you will need min 60 points. If you apply under 190 Visa Subclass, you will get 5 points from State Sponsorship so it will be 60 and you can apply for Immigration. Also, if you are married and your wife is also working (under listed job category and meeting English lang req), you can claim her 5 points too.

#3 ·
Thank you for your reply Akash. I wanted to know which one is better 489 or 190in case of better visa chances as 489 will provide 10 points. So is it better to apply for 190 with 60 points or 489 with 65 points? I am aware of that 2-year condition in 489 visas that I will be eligible to apply for PR after two years of living in a regional area. And I am not married so cannot claim for points in that case.

#4 ·
Hi,

I did quick search on 489 Vs 190. I knew that 190 is state sponsored PR but did not know abt 489. So 489 is also state sponsored but this is not PR and you will get Visa for up to 4 years. This can be converted into PR later. If you are up for PR, then my suggestion is to go for 190 as this will give you PR. But if you want to check how it will be in AU and if you and your family like the place, then you an go for 489. But go for 489 only if there is a big difference in Fees or cost you are going to spend on 489 as you might need to spend same amount after 4 years if you like AU and want PR and then Citizenship. I wud personally prefer 190. Check below link as well for more information.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/subclass-489-vs-190-visa-which-one-choose-australia-visas/

60 points for 190 is better. It might take little extra but still better option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.