Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I'm a Software Engineer expecting to migrate to Australia under skilled VISA category.

I did the Skill Assessment a few months ago and got it approved as 2 years / 7 months working experience. Then I did the IELTS and got 7.0 band score in each module.

Now my points calculations are as follows.

Bsc(Hons) Degree in IT: 15 points
IELTS: 10 points
Total: 55 ponits

I'm lacking 5 points to proceed with my EOI, because of that I decided to proceed with state sponsorship which offers me 5 extra points. Unfortunately, at the moment no state is offering sponsorship for Software Engineers.

My first question is, when will these sponsorships available?

My Second question...
My agent said I need 5 years of working experience to get 5 points according to the calculations but I've heard from people that they offer 5 points to 3 years of working experience. If they offer 5 points for 3 years of working experience, I could apply for the skill assessment again since I got 3+ years of experience at the moment. Which would be the suitable option for me?

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
It's impossible to predict if/when states will sponsor your occupation in the future. If you can increase your points through further working experience that may be your best option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.