Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Hi guys

I suspect this may get a little harder than I thought.

We have asked my Mother and Father to provide Statutory Declarations for my Colombian fiancee's PMV.

My Mother is an Australian citizen and doesn't have a drivers license so I'm not sure if she can just use her drivers license, medicare and a credit card. I don't believe she has a current passport as she wouldn't have left Australia for over 35 years now.

My Father came to Australia from England around 1967 from memory and has lived here ever since. I don't believe there was ever a visa required for this however I am sure he would have an old expired passport somewhere. He's never left the country since but recently applied and is now receiving the pension and had to provide a bunch of information for this I think.

Does anyone have a reasonably quick and simplified answer to this situation and what they will require. Really don't want to put them out to much even though I'm sure they will do whatever it takes to help.

Cheers, David.
A driver's licence doesn't prove citizenship, nor does Medicare and a credit card. I have all of those things and am not a citizen.

A birth cert if born here, or a citizen certificate, or a passport are the documents I'm aware of to show citizenship. There's also this for proof of citizenship.

Not sure what you can do about your situation. I never had the issue as everyone gave me either a copy of their AUS passport or a citizenship certificate. Hopefully someone else will be able to help. Good luck.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.