Australia Forum banner
321 - 340 of 620 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts

Hi All,

I have filled out the Citizenship application and only pending item is the 1195 form. However finding someone on the list that I actually know for at least a year is a challenge.
I know a police officer, a nurse and a lawyer but they are all related to my Husband. Is Sister/Brother or Uncle of my Husband valid or would they be considered related by marriage?

Magda

·
Registered
95 Posts
**Anyone that has gotten their ceremony invitation**

Did it show up as a message/document on IMMI online? I will be overseas for a bit and hoping to see if I'm up for the next ceremony, but not sure if checking IMMI every day is actually helping me, since the council arranges the ceremony. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, thank you for this topic. it is quiet helpful.
I have my appointment with Immigration at the end of this month.
Could you please advise what is the best study material after the "Our Common Bond" Booklet? For example, a website for MCQs.

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Hi guys, thank you for this topic. it is quiet helpful.
I have my appointment with Immigration at the end of this month.
Could you please advise what is the best study material after the "Our Common Bond" Booklet? For example, a website for MCQs.

Thank you!
When did you apply? And in which City?

·
Registered
34 Posts
All answers to the questions they ask is in there... ( in the booklet ) try some different online quizzes for citizenship test to get to know how different questions are made up , for the same kind of answers..
The test is simple, I read the book twice the day before the test, and scored 100% ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
**Anyone that has gotten their ceremony invitation**

Did it show up as a message/document on IMMI online? I will be overseas for a bit and hoping to see if I'm up for the next ceremony, but not sure if checking IMMI every day is actually helping me, since the council arranges the ceremony. :)
I'd really like to know that as well. Anyhow, I've heard before the actual mail you will get an email from either council or home affairs two weeks prior.

Hope that'll help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Everyone, i really need some help regarding my citizenship approval letter, as i got approved for my citizenship on 4th Of Fab 2020 just 3 weeks ago in IMMI account but i still haven't received my Physical Paper Approval Letter... ? Checked with post office nothing there... Can anyone share their time frame from Immi account approval till receiving a physical approval letter please... Much appriciated in advance...

Sean

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Everyone, i really need some help regarding my citizenship approval letter, as i got approved for my citizenship on 4th Of Fab 2020 just 3 weeks ago in IMMI account but i still haven't received my Physical Paper Approval Letter... ? Checked with post office nothing there... Can anyone share their time frame from Immi account approval till receiving a physical approval letter please... Much appriciated in advance...

Sean
Mine was two weeks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Citizenship test invitation received

Hi Everyone,
I've received invitation to sit for citizenship. Very happy about it because once I applied I thought I would need to wait for years similar to the PR. But this time it took about one month.
Can anyone tell me if the applicant passes the test, how long would it take for the applicant to be invited to the citizenship ceremony?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I've received invitation to sit for citizenship. Very happy about it because once I applied I thought I would need to wait for years similar to the PR. But this time it took about one month.
Can anyone tell me if the applicant passes the test, how long would it take for the applicant to be invited to the citizenship ceremony?
Thanks
It often depends on which council area.

Where did you take the test? And which council area are you in?

Reactions: appguy

·
Registered
5 Posts
It often depends on which council area.

Where did you take the test? And which council area are you in?
Will take the test in Brisbane, QLD
Council is Logan City, QLD

·
Registered
95 Posts

Sean
I received my paper letter 2.5 weeks after approval.

The letter doesn't include any particularly useful information and it is not required for anything, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. if you are approved, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Thanks
Approval after the test is usually within 30 days (sometimes hours).

Approval to ceremony timelines are published by IMMI, see the below link "From date of approval to ceremony". The date appears to keep growing, it was that 90% completed this in 4 months, now it is up to 7 months. There appears to be a backlog.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/citizenship-processing-times

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for your reply, i called them last week to ask them where is my letter and they said its just been approved so letter is still in process... i think they will send the letter with the ceremony letter, the only thing which makes me worry is that i only have 12 months to attend the ceremony after online approval... hope they schedule a date with in 12 months...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Thanks for your reply, i called them last week to ask them where is my letter and they said its just been approved so letter is still in process... i think they will send the letter with the ceremony letter, the only thing which makes me worry is that i only have 12 months to attend the ceremony after online approval... hope they schedule a date with in 12 months...
They won't send the approval letter with the ceremony letter. The approval letter comes from IMMI while the ceremony letter comes from your council.

Honestly, don't worry about the paper approval letter... it has no real purpose. The approval letter says that you should expect a ceremony letter within the next 6 months.

You should definitely get a ceremony within 12 months, as in my link 90% of people get it done in 7 months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Honestly, don't worry about the paper approval letter... it has no real purpose.
Thanks mate i appriciate that... hope i get my ceremony date soon as my time frame from application to approval was 15 months...

They won't send the approval letter with the ceremony letter.

The approval letter will tell you that you should expect a ceremony letter within the next 6 months.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just wanna share an update of our timeline. We didn’t expect it to be this quick. We’re very thankful to everyone in this forum!

Eligible: 16 Jan 2020
Applied: 20 Jan 2020
Email received for test/interview date: 24 Feb 2020
Initial test date: 15 May 2020
Rescheduled to 02 Mar 2020
Approved: 02 Mar 2020

We still have the ceremony to wait for, but the journey is almost over! Thanks again everyone, specially Mish, Collegegirl, ampk, Maggie, Nick, Mark. Been a silent reader mostly, but this forum helped us a lot. Massive thanks!

321 - 340 of 620 Posts