Australia Forum banner

341 - 360 of 615 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Citizenship Application

Hi everyone e thanks for the attention, next month I will apply for the citizenship, do you have a full list complete about what I need to upload please?

Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just wanna share an update of our timeline. We didn't expect it to be this quick. We're very thankful to everyone in this forum!

Eligible: 16 Jan 2020
Applied: 20 Jan 2020
Email received for test/interview date: 24 Feb 2020
Initial test date: 15 May 2020
Rescheduled to 02 Mar 2020
Approved: 02 Mar 2020

Can you please let us know what Council/City did you apply from? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
Hi appguy,

May I know what date in Jan did you apply and where is the Test/Interview Location. I'm from Brisbane too and waiting for the Test/Interview email. I've applied in Feb 2020.

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just wanna share an update of our timeline. We didn't expect it to be this quick. We're very thankful to everyone in this forum!

Eligible: 16 Jan 2020
Applied: 20 Jan 2020
Email received for test/interview date: 24 Feb 2020
Initial test date: 15 May 2020
Rescheduled to 02 Mar 2020
Approved: 02 Mar 2020

We still have the ceremony to wait for, but the journey is almost over! Thanks again everyone, specially Mish, Collegegirl, ampk, Maggie, Nick, Mark. Been a silent reader mostly, but this forum helped us a lot. Massive thanks!
Wow, that was really quick, what city / council are you in?

Congrats, it seems that they have gotten a handle on approval timelines, but at the moment ceremony timelines are not keeping pace...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow, that was really quick, what city / council are you in?

Congrats, it seems that they have gotten a handle on approval timelines, but at the moment ceremony timelines are not keeping pace...
Thank you! We were ready to wait for a long time. Was really surprised how quick my wife got a test date. We're in Brisbane City. I heard the ceremony might take a while. Just glad her application got approved so quick.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Brisbane City Council :)
That's great news mate. Thanks for the update. So, things are moving quickly in here then. I've applied in Feb. So, hopefully its just few more days for the invite if they keep up the same pace. May I know what documents did they ask her to show.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's great news mate. Thanks for the update. So, things are moving quickly in here then. I've applied in Feb. So, hopefully its just few more days for the invite if they keep up the same pace. May I know what documents did they ask her to show.
Yeah it seems like as of the moment, they're moving fairly quick here. Hopefully you get your appointment soon! They asked for her birth certificate, driver's license, passport and marriage certificate for her name change.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulations everyone whose had their application approved. Just a question, my partner and i are filling out his form, he's been a PR since 2011, finally applying for citizenship. We're not applying online though. Difficulty in the siblings questions, should we write down all siblings birthdays? (It asked alive & or deceased) Or can we leave it blank? He's had siblings who passed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah it seems like as of the moment, they're moving fairly quick here. Hopefully you get your appointment soon! They asked for her birth certificate, driver's license, passport and marriage certificate for her name change.
Oh great. Regarding her name change, was the marriage certificate in her old name or the new name? My wife is having the same situation but her marriage certificate does contain the old name. But, we did had Affidavit of Name Change though. Not sure if that would suffice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh great. Regarding her name change, was the marriage certificate in her old name or the new name? My wife is having the same situation but her marriage certificate does contain the old name. But, we did had Affidavit of Name Change though. Not sure if that would suffice.
The marriage certificate has her maiden name. It was the only thing she provided for proof of name change. With her driver's license, it's her married name. As long as you provide evidence of name change I think you should be good.

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
All marriage certificates, that I have seen, have the spouses maiden name, not the married name.

The marriage certificate would have the partners surname, and, assuming that is the new married name, that is normally sufficient for a name change.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you BatmanEli & JandE. That answers my queries.

·
Registered
8 Posts
VIC has picked up Feb '20 applicants. Someone who applied on 9th Feb '20 has got the Test Invitation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just wanted to update you guys. Received invitation to ceremony two days ago by email. It's happening in 22 April in Blacktown council. Although our local council is Hornsby but they advised due to backlog they created a special day in Blacktown council to do the ceremony.

I've applied for citizenship with my wife in 23 Aug 2018, done the test 3 Sep 2019 and approved on 10 Jan 2020. Haven't received the actual letter for ceremony but got the email and there is the same message in Immi Account.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just wanted to update you guys. Received invitation to ceremony two days ago by email.

I've applied for citizenship with my wife in 23 Aug 2018, done the test 3 Sep 2019 and approved on 10 Jan 2020. Haven't received the actual letter for ceremony but got the email and there is the same message in Immi Account.
Thank you very much for your post. It's nice to know that you received both an email and a IMMI message.

I'm glad you got a ceremony so quickly. I was approved Nov 2019 but still waiting and the next date in my council is May 6th.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Citizenships apply:- 22/07/2019
Invitation letter Date:- 12/03/2020
Intervew/Test:- 21/05/2020
Approval:- TBA
Ceremony:- TBA

Good luck everyone

341 - 360 of 615 Posts