Australia Forum banner
381 - 400 of 620 Posts

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Been a silent observer ,Thank you to all for sharing it has brought me peace in understanding what is going on and possible time lines , I had a 3.5 year wait for permanent residency from 2008 due to backlog , I was not looking forward to the same frustrations.

Applied in Brisbane , conferral application
eligible 14 Jan 2019
Submitted 14 Dec 2019
Test / interview initially scheduled for 6/4/2020
Rescheduled to 11/2/2020 passed test/interview
Approved online 25/3/20 , approval letter followed a week later,

Suspect delay in approval is due to them checking my police record as I had numerous drink driving offences in my uni days , but I noted them on my application. Probably when there is an additional element to your application observed during interview ,you are put into a more in depth review queue. Hence no instant approval.

Now Awaiting ceremony , hoping for virtual process

Whole process 3 months in total , Good luck to all.
Congratulations.

I was about to say that gives us hope, my wife applied in February, (also Brisbane) but, then I remembered we have to wait for the test, which will no doubt be delayed until the virus situation is over.

I guess that leaves their staff time to work on finalising video ceremonies, for those who already passed the test.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congratulations.

I was about to say that gives us hope, my wife applied in February, (also Brisbane) but, then I remembered we have to wait for the test, which will no doubt be delayed until the virus situation is over.

I guess that leaves their staff time to work on finalising video ceremonies, for those who already passed the test.
Brisbane has been moving pretty quickly , the minister has put out a statement not sure if you read it , i am sure if we all behave we will see social distancing restrictions been lifted pretty soon and resources been reallocated to tests and interviews. Takes some patience you guys will be fine ,google the below

minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/davidcoleman/Pages/statement-on-australian-citizenship-processing.aspx[/url]

·
Premium Member
10,530 Posts
Brisbane has been moving pretty quickly , the minister has put out a statement not sure if you read it , i am sure if we all behave we will see social distancing restrictions been lifted pretty soon and resources been reallocated to tests and interviews. Takes some patience you guys will be fine ,google the below

minister.homeaffairs.gov.au/davidcoleman/Pages/statement-on-australian-citizenship-processing.aspx[/url]
I read today that the PM has said that the social distancing restrictions won't be lifted anytime soon, but we shall see. Let's see how well behaved people are over the Easter long weekend. They don't want to cancel them too soon and risk the cases increase. I have read an article that suggested that they may not be lifted until 4 weeks after the last case, who really knows what will happen...

I heard of someone who was waiting for a test today got an email from immigration saying that the test has put on hold until further notice (that was with a new test date of August, the original one was late March which had gotten cancelled about 1 or 2 weeks ago I think).

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Is citizenship processing stopped due to corona virus? Any news or update regarding this?
For the 85,000 who have taken the test, and passed:
The Government will hold online citizenship ceremonies via secure video link, to enable people to continue to become Australian citizens during the coronavirus crisis.

Applications for Australian citizenship are still able to be accepted during this period, though citizenship interviews and testing have been put on hold.

Additional resources will be deployed to conduct testing and interviews as soon as social distancing measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 ease.

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au...ent-on-australian-citizenship-processing.aspx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Newbie here needs help

Hi everyone
Hope you guys can help and guide me through this process
I do undertand that it request a proof of my first enter to autralia but I lost that passport when I was here. I do have current passport and but it doesn't have the first step when I arrive in Australia? Can I request the department travel history if I can provide the lost passport number or any alternative document I can use ?
Many Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone
I do undertand that it request a proof of my first enter to autralia but I lost that passport when I was here. I do have current passport and but it doesn't have the first step when I arrive in Australia? Can I request the department travel history if I can provide the lost passport number or any alternative document I can use ?
Many Thanks
You could try your travel itinerary OR e-ticket. If you used your frequent flyer back them, they may still keep records.

If you don't have the above, just explain your situation to them. They will be able to guide you with alternatives or possibly waive this request.

·
Registered
5 Posts
additional information

Hi everyone

Do i need to attache my parent and sibling passport or any kind of paper to support my application since they asked question about it ?
on the website didn't mention that they need it but thought extra paper might help ?

Many thanks

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hi everyone

Do i need to attache my parent and sibling passport or any kind of paper to support my application since they asked question about it ?
on the website didn't mention that they need it but thought extra paper might help ?

Many thanks
I did not include any documents from my parents or siblings and it was approved.

Hassan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Quote Makoto ;
...........Hi everyone
Many Thanks........

I later realized that when i put my first arrival in the application... it was off with about 5 years...
🙄
But they never asked me about that..
My application was approved with no additional questions..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Quote Makoto ;
...........Hi everyone
Many Thanks........

I later realized that when i put my first arrival in the application... it was off with about 5 years...
🙄
But they never asked me about that..
My application was approved with no additional questions..
But at least they have first stamp that first time you arrived right
i don't have the old passport with stamp but i do have a copy of first page of old passport .Hope that work

·
Registered
5 Posts
help please

1.When they ask evidence of first arrival of Australia does it mean the first ever time i arrived here or the first arrival to live in Australia because first ever time i came to Australia for 2 weeks and then i came back here after 5 years to live.Does it mean the later one ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I didn't have a clue what they really asked for regarding to first time arriving in australia..
I just put down all times I
( from memory) had arrived to australia..
I don't have any of my old Passports..
Applied in July 2019 got approved in january 2020.
Waiting for ceremony , at the moment..

381 - 400 of 620 Posts