Australia Forum banner

401 - 420 of 615 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Guys,
Hope everyone is doing well. I have 801 visa & applying citizenship next month, My question is can I travel overseas before test,Interview after applying citizenship?
Thank you

·
Registered
34 Posts
Quote Makoto ;
...........Hi everyone
Hope you guys can help and guide me through this process
I do undertand that it request a proof of my first enter to autralia but I lost that passport when I was here. I do have current passport and but it doesn't have the first step when I arrive in Australia? Can I request the department travel history if I can provide the lost passport number or any alternative document I can use ?
Many Thanks........

I later realized that when i put my first arrival in the application... it was off with about 5 years...
🙄
But they never asked me about that..
My application was approved with no additional questions..
But at least they have first stamp that first time you arrived right
i don't have the old passport with stamp but i do have a copy of first page of old passport .Hope that work
I don't think they have any record of my first arrival on a turist visa 1990..
Back then , all was very casual...
I didn't even fill out my arrival card properly..

·
Registered
198 Posts
Good afternoon folks,

A question from me.

I am a citizen of Canada by naturalization and also a citizen of an Eastern European country (by birth). I am now an Australian PR, eligible to apply for citizenship in a few months.

Will I be eligible to apply for Australian citizenship if I am a citizen of two other countries already? I don't even have a passport from my birth country, its been long expired and lost, but I think I am still considered a citizen there. Am I allowed to have three citizenships, or how does this work?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Australian Citizenship Question

Hi All,

I am applying for my citizenship under a council now. However I might be moving out in 6 months to a new property in a suburb which is under a different council and the waiting time in that council is super high for citizenship!

I wanted to understand the process. Which council will confer the citizenship to me? Is it the one I applied initially or the one I would be living in (different to the one I applied to)

Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All,

I am applying for my citizenship under a council now. However I might be moving out in 6 months to a new property in a suburb which is under a different council and the waiting time in that council is super high for citizenship!

I wanted to understand the process. Which council will confer the citizenship to me? Is it the one I applied initially or the one I would be living in (different to the one I applied to)

Please let me know. Thanks.
These days everything is flipped on its head so you never know for sure however in olden days, your council to organise ceremony would be at the time when your app is approved you are awaiting ceremony invite.
This will however change again should you move houses again until the time you've made the pledge.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Citizenship Documents Clarification

Hi All,

I will be applying for my citizenship application soon.

Had 2 queries. Would be good if someone can assist?

1) My birth certificate is available online. Is it fine to use this for the citizenship and show a hard copy of that during the interview or should I produce the original one which was issued when I was born?
Note : The contents are the same and are in English. The online one looks more cleaner.

2) Do I need to produce an overseas Police certificate? I am from India and I have been in Australia since 2016 and I haven't spent a total of more than 90 days outside Australia since 2016 nor I have spent 12 months outside Australia since 2016.

Any assistance would be of great help.

Regards
Ravi

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All,

I will be applying for my citizenship application soon.

Had 2 queries. Would be good if someone can assist?

1) My birth certificate is available online. Is it fine to use this for the citizenship and show a hard copy of that during the interview or should I produce the original one which was issued when I was born?
Note : The contents are the same and are in English. The online one looks more cleaner.

2) Do I need to produce an overseas Police certificate? I am from India and I have been in Australia since 2016 and I haven't spent a total of more than 90 days outside Australia since 2016 nor I have spent 12 months outside Australia since 2016.

Any assistance would be of great help.

Regards
Ravi
I'd suggest submit cleaner and online version. At the time of test, take original one.

I dont think you need to submit PCC. Your history sound similar to mine, I never had to submit mine but ultimately it comes down to individual case officer. I wouldnt worry about it to begin with.

Good luck - its going to be very draining and lengthy process. Patience is the key!

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
I found this on SBS
More than 15,000 have received their Australian citizenship via online ceremonies during the COVID-19 pandemic but hundreds of thousands hoping to become citizens will have to wait almost two years as tests and interviews have been put on hold.

https://www.sbs.com.au/language/eng...p-by-56-per-cent-but-waiting-period-shoots-up
The SBS Hindi report, saying hundreds of thousands will have to wait, but they also say there are 117,958 applicants still in the queue for citizenship. So, over one hundred thousand. Hundreds of thousands does sound a lot higher.

Between 1 July 2019 and 15 May 2020, 170,819 people have been conferred Australian citizenship.
This number was about 110,000 in the same period during 2018-19.

At 21 April 2020, 170 online ceremonies had been conducted.
At 20 May 2020 that number of online ceremonies had risen to over 15,000.
An increase of about 15,000 in 31 days, or about 500 per day.
In 2018-19 it was about 300 per day on average.

This new system, if they keep it going, will clear the backlog faster.

Hopefully they find a way to get the interviews and tests going again soon.

Depending how it is done, it may not be as bad as it could be.

·
Registered
85 Posts
At 21 April 2020, 170 online ceremonies had been conducted.
At 20 May 2020 that number of online ceremonies had risen to over 15,000.
An increase of about 15,000 in 31 days, or about 500 per day.
In 2018-19 it was about 300 per day on average.
Another data point. On May 12th, according to Dept of HA Facebook, over 7900 online ceremonies had been conducted.

So to achieve 15,000 by May 20th that is an increase of about 7000 in 6 business days, which would be 1167 per business day. Of course maybe the Facebook post data was a few days old, but even if you add 2 days to that period that is still 875 per business day.

Very encouraging and this is in-line with the SBS article that says they have exceeded the 750/day target.

Now please pick me :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi guys :)

I would be very grateful if you could help me with the question 40 Consent (page 25) -Citizenship Form.That question relates to the police check and there is a place for signature. I don't know if I should sign or not?

Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys :)

I would be very grateful if you could help me with the question 40 Consent (page 25) -Citizenship Form.That question relates to the police check and there is a place for signature. I don't know if I should sign or not?

Thank you in advance :)
What are the form details?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you polo for your effort :)

I could not take a picture of that text but I can send the PDF link.If you do not mind to go there and see that question 40 -page 25.
https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/form-listing/forms/1300t.pdf

Thank you in advance
If you are an applicant - yes, signature is required. Just use Adobe Reader and paste your electronic signature and you should be fine. I just ran a keyword search on "wet" and nothing came up so electronic should be fine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you polo for your help.I use the paper form.And I was not sure do I have to put the signature below the question 40 or not. I have already filled out the question 39.My English is not perfect and that’s make a problem sometimes��.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you polo for your help.I use the paper form.And I was not sure do I have to put the signature below the question 40 or not. I have already filled out the question 39.My English is not perfect and that's make a problem sometimes��.
No worries mate - if you need a hand with anything else, feel free to shoot me a private message. Happy to help

·
Registered
30 Posts
No worries mate - if you need a hand with anything else, feel free to shoot me a private message. Happy to help
Thank you so much polo:). I appreciate so much your offer and If I need any more help I will contact you.

All the best to you:)

401 - 420 of 615 Posts