Australia Forum banner

561 - 580 of 615 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Quick update: my husband had his citizenship test in Brisbane this morning and passed. He didn’t receive an email or any communication afterwards but his immi account now shows “Approved”! Just have to wait for an invitation for a ceremony now 🙂

Reactions: seldomcl

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been following this blog and the multiple threads that applies to me since early 2015, so thank you all very much for sharing your experience so far.

Finally, after having my interview and test postponed earlier this year (it was originally scheduled for March 2020), I've received an email from the DHA over the weekend and my test and interview (Sydney CBD Office) is now rescheduled for the 27th of November.

We're all slowly getting there, don't give up, it will come when you least expect :)
Sorry, my previous message was to you :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
From Sydney ...
Initially requested for Parramatta location but got invited at Sydney cbd office probably due to changing residential address closer to city.

Eligible: 16 Oct 2019
Applied: 27 Oct 2019
Appointment letter: 4 Mar 2020
Test date: 19 May 2020(postponed due to covid)
Next appointment letter: 3rd Nov 2020
Test date: 12 Nov 2020(approved same day in immi account)

Awaiting ceremony invitation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Location Sydney I submitted my citizenship application 26 may 2019. Passed my test in march 9 2020. Application status on immi account still showing application recieved . Its now 9 months for me after passing the test but until now didn’t get any letter for aproval or for ceremony.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there. Lodged my application in Sydney in November 2019 and im still waiting for my test schedule.

Annoyingly im also offshore due to the border restrictions.

Checking if :
- Anyone has been waiting for more than a year now?
- Anyone has stories to share on being offshore while waiting for test schedule?

Thank you so much in advance.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Quick update: my husband had his citizenship test in Brisbane this morning and passed. He didn't receive an email or any communication afterwards but his immi account now shows "Approved"! Just have to wait for an invitation for a ceremony now 🙂
Hi Akya, congratulations for your husband passing the test! May I ask how he studied for the test? Did he use and books? Or did he use an app? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guys

I got approved on 7 October. My friends who got approved on 20 October have been invited to the 26 January ceremony but I haven’t received the invitation.
I’m in Brisbane. Anyone else, has a similar situation or is it normal? Why haven’t they invited me? I wrote them an email but no response

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys

I got approved on 7 October. My friends who got approved on 20 October have been invited to the 26 January ceremony but I haven't received the invitation.
I'm in Brisbane. Anyone else, has a similar situation or is it normal? Why haven't they invited me? I wrote them an email but no response
Hi Ali, I got the approval on 12 Oct but haven't received an invitation yet.
Does your friend is also located in the Brisbane City Council area? and when he/she was invited?
Do you know anyone else from Oct approval who is invited to the 26 Jan ceremony?

Anyone from Brisbane please share your timeline if you have been invited for the 26 Jan ceremony.

Cheers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guys

I got approved on 7 October. My friends who got approved on 20 October have been invited to the 26 January ceremony but I haven't received the invitation.
I'm in Brisbane. Anyone else, has a similar situation or is it normal? Why haven't they invited me? I wrote them an email but no response
Hi Ali, I got the approval on 12 Oct but haven't received an invitation yet.
Does your friend is also located in the Brisbane City Council area? and when he/she was invited?
Do you know anyone else from Oct approval who is invited to the 26 Jan ceremony?

Anyone from Brisbane please share your timeline if you have been invited for the 26 Jan ceremony.

Cheers
They are located in New Farm area and got invited to the city council of Woloongabba I think.they're a couple from Italy and Colombia.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They are located in New Farm area and got invited to the city council of Woloongabba I think.they're a couple from Italy and Colombia.
Do you know when did they applied for citizenship? I know a couple of guys who got approved in Oct amongst one received invite for 26/Jan that applied in 2019 and the other one applied Feb 2020 hasn't received an invite.

I myself got approved in Nov, waiting for ceremony

·
Registered
25 Posts
Do you know when did they applied for citizenship? I know a couple of guys who got approved in Oct amongst one received invite for 26/Jan that applied in 2019 and the other one applied Feb 2020 hasn't received an invite.

I myself got approved in Nov, waiting for ceremony
I'm not sure when they applied but I applied last February.
Hopefully we will get invited to the next one. Do you have any idea when the next occasion is that they normally hold the ceremony?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hopefully we will get invited to the next one. Do you have any idea when the next occasion is that they normally hold the ceremony?
As per BCC, the next one is on Thursday, 18 March 2021.

Full list:

• Tuesday, 26 January 2021 (this ceremony will be held at the Royal International Convention Centre)
• Thursday, 18 March 2021
• Monday, 19 April 2021
• Monday, 24 May 2021
• Wednesday, 14 July 2021
• Wednesday, 4 August 2021
• Monday, 30 August 2021
• Monday, 11 October 2021
• Monday, 29 November 2021

·
Registered
25 Posts
As per BCC, the next one is on Thursday, 18 March 2021.

Full list:

• Tuesday, 26 January 2021 (this ceremony will be held at the Royal International Convention Centre)
• Thursday, 18 March 2021
• Monday, 19 April 2021
• Monday, 24 May 2021
• Wednesday, 14 July 2021
• Wednesday, 4 August 2021
• Monday, 30 August 2021
• Monday, 11 October 2021
• Monday, 29 November 2021
Thanks
Hopefully we will meet each other on 18 March then

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi everyone. I have a question. I am applying online and for some reason the application form pages jumped from 24 to 32. I was just wondering whether this has happened to anyone?

I have reviewed my application, answered all the questions and I just don't see why it skips the pages. Please anyone help..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi guys
I have some news .I received my Appointment letter for my interview and test today.
The test will take a place in Newcastle in February
I applied in June 2020 Sydney.
They ask me to bring to the interview Family registration document with details of parent(s)
Does anyone knows what does it mean?
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Akya, congratulations for your husband passing the test! May I ask how he studied for the test? Did he use and books? Or did he use an app? Thanks in advance.
Sorry, I only just saw your reply! He read the booklet but mostly the "Australian Citizenship Prep" app on iPhone by Spurry Inc. and paid the subscription. There are quite a few different apps available and most have a free trial with a handful of questions. We downloaded a few and then picked this as a favourite.

Reactions: hfarook and jeanros

·
Registered
68 Posts
My husband who passed his test and was approved in November received an email from the Toowoomba Regional Council on 7/1 inviting him to the citizenship ceremony on 26/1 :) So glad we can see the finish line and it's soon! Good luck to all that are still waiting.

Reactions: Arosh
561 - 580 of 615 Posts