Australia Forum banner

581 - 600 of 615 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Appointment Postponed in 2020 and still waiting

Hi

I just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issue as my wife and I are.

We applied in November 2019 for Citizenship and in February 2020 we received our letters for Appointment to sit the citizenship tests for the 3rd week in April 2020 (We are in Victoria). However, Covid hit and our appointment was postponed and we are now 11 January 2021 and haven't received any information from the department about the rescheduling of our appointment since the email to postpone.

Just wanted to know if others out there are having the same issue and possibly found a way to get an appointment as new applications are being processed apparently.

Summary:
Applied for Citizenship in November 2019
Accepted in February 2020
Appointment set mid-April 2020
Appointment postponed beginning-April 2020
Reschedule .... still waiting for correspondence

Dario

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi

I just wanted to see if anyone else is having the same issue as my wife and I are.

We applied in November 2019 for Citizenship and in February 2020 we received our letters for Appointment to sit the citizenship tests for the 3rd week in April 2020 (We are in Victoria). However, Covid hit and our appointment was postponed and we are now 11 January 2021 and haven't received any information from the department about the rescheduling of our appointment since the email to postpone.

Just wanted to know if others out there are having the same issue and possibly found a way to get an appointment as new applications are being processed apparently.

Summary:
Applied for Citizenship in November 2019
Accepted in February 2020
Appointment set mid-April 2020
Appointment postponed beginning-April 2020
Reschedule .... still waiting for correspondence

Dario
I know of few friends in VIC that got test appointments but was postponed due to Covid. They have not heard anything after that and its been over 9 months.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Maiden or Married name for citizenship application?

Hi Guys,

I am hoping you can help me determine which name to use on my citizenship application. I have scoured the internet but I am having trouble finding the answer. Ideally I would like to apply using my married name.

My current UK passport and Aus PR visa are in my maiden name.

I got married in Aus in 2018, and updated my driving licence, bank details and bills to my married name.

Can I apply using my married name without issue, by providing my marriage certificate and all of my ID documents (which are a mix of my maiden and married name)?

Or does my citizenship application name need to match my current visa? The main issue I have is the evidence of identity in the community - everyone I can approach to complete this knows me as my married name.....

Thank you in advance for your help, and wishing you speedy processing times for your applications :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife lodged her application, (In Melbourne) 12th December 2019. Haven't heard a peep out of anybody about it yet !
Does anybody know whether it is possible to move application processing to another city/State ?

·
Registered
39 Posts
My husband who passed his test and was approved in November received an email from the Toowoomba Regional Council on 7/1 inviting him to the citizenship ceremony on 26/1 :) So glad we can see the finish line and it's soon! Good luck to all that are still waiting.
Congratulations :) :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Sorry, I only just saw your reply! He read the booklet but mostly the "Australian Citizenship Prep" app on iPhone by Spurry Inc. and paid the subscription. There are quite a few different apps available and most have a free trial with a handful of questions. We downloaded a few and then picked this as a favourite.
Thanks, Akya!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does any one know waiting time for ceremony fr approved date to date of ceremony in wyndham vale council and in city of melbourne?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone have same of my situation i have done my Test on 21/09/2021 till now i haven't got any response or approval yet my immi account still written there Received ?? can anyone tell me why i took so long ?

Eligibility Date:- 20/07/2019
Apply Date:- 22/07/2019
Test Date:- 21/09/2020 Passed
Approval :- N/Y

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rescheduling the test

All,

I applied on January 2020, got my interview date on 4th February 2021, and was looking at some help on rescheduling the interview for my wife and I to an earlier date but cannot understand how to figure out the timeslots available for a particular time since my wife and I want to go together. The original date and time is 5th March 2021 for both us at 2:40 pm. Any tips would be highly appreciated

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know people who gave/cleared tests in Sept 2020 and got invited for the 26th Jan 2021 ceremonies in Brisbane city and western suburbs, I havent come across anyone who has given test in Oct 2020 and got the 26th Jan 2021 ceremony invite.

Hopefully they will in March 2021 when the next round of ceremonies are held.

Hi Ali, I got the approval on 12 Oct but haven't received an invitation yet.
Does your friend is also located in the Brisbane City Council area? and when he/she was invited?
Do you know anyone else from Oct approval who is invited to the 26 Jan ceremony?

Anyone from Brisbane please share your timeline if you have been invited for the 26 Jan ceremony.

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Passed the test back on 15/12/20 but still waiting for invite to a ceremony in Sydney Inner West. Poked around both this and the 2020 waiting list with no much luck. Any ideas on ceremony wait in these parts (i know what the citizenship site lists @ 4mo, but thought the brain trust here might know with more accuracy).

581 - 600 of 615 Posts