Australia Forum banner
601 - 620 of 620 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Citizenship Approval

Hello,

So I took my test two weeks back and passed. I haven't heard anything back as far as being approved. My Immi account just says received, is there a reason for this delay as most of my friends have been approved in 24 hours. I have zero issues with my police report, so not sure the delay. I am from the states and prior military so not sure if they do overseas checks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone had recently done a test in the Sydney CBD office? How long did it take overall?

Also, if anyone has recently rescheduled their test date in the Sydney CBD office, were there many time slots available? I am considering to reschedule mine to an earlier date, however if there will be no date sooner then my current one, will I still be able to keep it?

Thank you

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello everyone!

Finally received my ceremony invitation email! Woohoo!
My test was conducted on the 27th of November 2020 and approved the same day.

The ceremony is now scheduled for mid April, North Sydney Council :)

Crossing my fingers for all of you waiting, we're almost there!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My whole test experience took less than an hour.
You can login to the appointments website listed in your invite letter if you want to reschedule and see what time slots are available, you will still keep your original appointment unless you select another date and confirm the change.

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone had recently done a test in the Sydney CBD office? How long did it take overall?

Also, if anyone has recently rescheduled their test date in the Sydney CBD office, were there many time slots available? I am considering to reschedule mine to an earlier date, however if there will be no date sooner then my current one, will I still be able to keep it?

Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys- this is a question for people who have done with the citizenship ceremony.

Did you all have to arrive an hour and a half before the ceremony commences ? I have asked the same to the Brisbane city council and awaiting their reply.

What would happen if i arrive by 7pm for a ceremony which commences by 7.30pm ?

Im assuming they asking us to arrive early just to verify the documents and make you sit in the auditorium.

below was the info in the email invite-
Date: Thursday 1 April 2021
Arrival Time: Please arrive an hour and a half before the ceremony commences
Ceremony Time: 7.25pm - 8.20pm
Place: The Great Hall, Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre

regards
Nishant

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had applied for my citizenship by conferral last October (2020). The status still shows as "received". I can see the acknowledgement of the application.
There have been no messages since then. Am I fine in waiting this long? Or is something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

601 - 620 of 620 Posts