688 Posts
What council area did your ceremony?
Hi Hassan
My experience is similar to yours.
My timeline
Eligibility date 20 Oct 2019
Application submitted on 21 Oct 2019
Test / interview letter 30 Oct / very quick!!!😀
Test date 31 Oct 2019/ rescheduled from 2 Dec as I will heading overseas on that day.
Approval awaiting.
I asked the officer what to expect, she mentioned police check that she will do it online and then approval letter will be sent.
I told her about my travel plans on 2nd of Dec, she reassured me it will take less than a month. Now 2 weeks passed.
Do you advise me to travel for a month if I don't get my approval ?
Hi Kamal,

So far you had a wonderful ride with the Home Affairs. From lodgement to test took only 10 days. That is the quickest I have seen from lodge to test.

I did my test on 22nd October 2019. The officer assured me that approval won't take long as ONLY Australian police clearance was the remaining task which the officer promised to do online.

Almost 4 weeks now and no update yet.

Travel plan:

This depends on you. I would not have travel considering all this delay in citizenship. I was also planning to go overseas but I àbandoned it altogether as this will buy them more time to drag my application longer. "Once and for all" is my view.

If you have more pressing issue, then let them know and go. Otherwise wait for the approval.
For the ceremony contact your council after the approval and ask them any possible arrangement.

Hassan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey buddy, I had my test on 1st November and test office said same thing that my record is not coming clean so she has to put in a police check and will take couple of days or a week. I was stressed for few days as I never did anything wrong. Fortunately it got approved on 13th. Hopefully your will get approved soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Officer said same thing to me, I got my approval online after 12 days of test. I was really stressed though as I have never done anything wrong.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Officer said same thing to me, I got my approval online after 12 days of test. I was really stressed though as I have never done anything wrong.
Hi Rach001,

Congratulations.

Mine is 4 weeks on now since test and said waiting police check. I have never done wrong in Aus and overseas. Even I don't have a traffic offence. No demerit point for speed.

Did you call them at any point?

How online? You mean status changed from received to approved?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, I have applied for Citizenship in April 2019.
I have been 3 months overseas and logged that in my immi account but I haven't heard anything from them and status is still on recieved.
Now I would like to travel a bit in Australia and do some tour guiding jobs...Only thing is I am scared that changing residence every 6 months might affect the process.I've read somewhere here that is possible to send a FOI(not sure what that is) if there's no news for a while, would this be the case?
Any advice?
Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey bro, I never called them even I didn’t login for like 10 days. I logged it on 15th nov and it was already updated on 13th to approve. I would suggest don’t check for like a week. Try log in on Friday around 4 pm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Arzak, if you have traveled overseas, it means you would have to provide oversight police clearance now. Also, changing many addresses are going to delay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Damn really? They just specified they needed to be notified on the immi account on the website.
That means that I have to get police clearance from overseas, get a naati transaltion for it every time I want to go on holiday while I wait for the citizenship?
That's bad news but thanks heaps for the heads-up man.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That’s alright arzak, they clearly specify about police clearance requirements if you had traveled in last 9 or 12 months you need to provide PCC for any country you visit. If it’s in English you don’t need interpretation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey Hassan, I never called them even I didn’t login for like 10 days. I logged it on 15th nov and it was already updated on 13th to approve. I would suggest don’t check for like a week. Try log in on Friday around 4 pm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Kamal,

So far you had a wonderful ride with the Home Affairs. From lodgement to test took only 10 days. That is the quickest I have seen from lodge to test.

I did my test on 22nd October 2019. The officer assured me that approval won't take long as ONLY Australian police clearance was the remaining task which the officer promised to do online.

Almost 4 weeks now and no update yet.

Travel plan:

This depends on you. I would not have travel considering all this delay in citizenship. I was also planning to go overseas but I àbandoned it altogether as this will buy them more time to drag my application longer. "Once and for all" is my view.

If you have more pressing issue, then let them know and go. Otherwise wait for the approval.
For the ceremony contact your council after the approval and ask them any possible arrangement.

Hassan
thank you for your response

Keep checking online.
According to their website, integrated police check for citizenship takes 15 business days maximum.Hopefully you will hear good news by next week.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I am new. Applied for citizenship for my husband on 29th of oct. Hoping for the best. Reading positive posts gives me hope 😊

·
Registered
3 Posts
I don’t get it, why they need to do police check after the appointment? Didn’t you provide a copy of police check when submitted the application?

·
Registered
46 Posts
My story of immigration has been finalised today (I think) after the interview. My timelines are as follows:
Eligible: 28 Dec 2018
Submitted: 28 Dec 2018
Invitation letter for appointment: 19 June 2019 but the interview is today 19 Nov 2019
Interview: 19 Nov 2019
Approval: awaiting

·
Registered
688 Posts
My story of immigration has been finalised today (I think) after the interview. My timelines are as follows:
Eligible: 28 Dec 2018
Submitted: 28 Dec 2018
Invitation letter for appointment: 19 June 2019 but the interview is today 19 Nov 2019
Interview: 19 Nov 2019
Approval: awaiting
Congratulations for the test.

Unfortunately not yet over. Approval is another hardle and may or may not take longer. I did the test a month ago. Nothing yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Congratulations for the test.

Unfortunately not yet over. Approval is another hardle and may or may not take longer. I did the test a month ago. Nothing yet.
I think you are right, the case officer just said to me that the approval letter would come in a few weeks but did not mention any further checks as in some other cases in this thread.
Also, I have just found a potential issues with me if the approval letter wont come soon as I am planning to travel back to my home country to see my kids from 20 Dec to 10 Jan. I totally forgot about this at the interview. For now, probably I will wait for 2-3 weeks and see if I get the letter otherwise I will call and inform them. Would you think this is a good idea.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
I think you are right, the case officer just said to me that the approval letter would come in a few weeks but did not mention any further checks as in some other cases in this thread.
Also, I have just found a potential issues with me if the approval letter wont come soon as I am planning to travel back to my home country to see my kids from 20 Dec to 10 Jan. I totally forgot about this at the interview. For now, probably I will wait for 2-3 weeks and see if I get the letter otherwise I will call and inform them. Would you think this is a good idea.
You will probably be back from your old home country before you become an Australian.

A couple of recent examples of timelines after the Test/Interview:

Test/Interview: 03/07/19. Test Approved: 03/09/19. Ceremony and Citizenship: 18/11/19.
Test/Interview: 14/05/19. Test Approved: 16/08/19. Ceremony and Citizenship: 28/11/19.

Going by those examples, it might be April / June before you get Citizenship. But it varies depending on what council area you are in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You will probably be back from your old home country before you become an Australian.

A couple of recent examples of timelines after the Test/Interview:

Test/Interview: 03/07/19. Test Approved: 03/09/19. Ceremony and Citizenship: 18/11/19.
Test/Interview: 14/05/19. Test Approved: 16/08/19. Ceremony and Citizenship: 28/11/19.

Going by those examples, it might be April / June before you get Citizenship. But it varies depending on what council area you are in.
The issue is that I am not approved yet after the test. Should I simply inform them from now about my travel plan? As far as I understood, the decision (approval) cannot be done if I am outside of AU.

·
Registered
6,426 Posts
The issue is that I am not approved yet after the test. Should I simply inform them from now about my travel plan? As far as I understood, the decision (approval) cannot be done if I am outside of AU.
I haven't seen anything about the test approval being unable to be done while outside Australia.

That could be quite important for some.

161 - 180 of 615 Posts