Australia Forum banner

241 - 260 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Update : I received the appointment letter this morning and interview date is 18th Mar 2021. I am planning to prepone to an earlier date if slots are available. Is it okay if reschedule or is it better to wait till the specified appointment date.

Hi everyone,

I have applied for my citizenship in Feb 2020 and we are living in the LGA of Wyndham council ( Greater Melbourne Area)
Would someone know when I can expect to receive some update on my application as it is more than a year and still no update other the initial acknowledgement. IS there a way I could check the reason for delay or is it just wait and watch approach.

Appreciate your inputs/insights.

Cheers,
K

Eligible: 26 Jan 2020
Applied: 05 Feb 2020
Location requested: Wyndham ( Melbourne)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Citizenship Test

Hi All,

I just got the citizenship test call for 6th March 2021 at Sydney.

I applied in July last year. My question is, I am moving houses this weekend and my documents are the current residential address.

The driving license and utility bills have my current address. Will they still be valid for the test or should I move my test and wait to change the address in all these documents?

I have the contract for the new Utility bills though in my new address. No bill are generated though.

Please advice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had my interview today and I passed the test and status is approved.

Now waiting for the ceremony.

Eligible: 26 Jan 2020
Applied: 05 Feb 2020
Invitation for test: received 23/02/21 - test date 25/02/21
Approval Date - 25/02/21
Location requested: Wyndham ( Melbourne)

Update : I received the appointment letter this morning and interview date is 18th Mar 2021. I am planning to prepone to an earlier date if slots are available. Is it okay if reschedule or is it better to wait till the specified appointment date.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi All. Quick update on my application.

Took my test today and 2 hours later my Citizenship application is approved in my ImmiAccount!!! Do we get a seperate email communication that it is approved or do they only send the ceremony invite next?

Entry to Australia with PR : July 2016
Eligibility : July 2020
Applied : July 2020
Test and Interview : 6th March 2021
Application status : Approved 6th March 2021
Ceremony date : Awaited!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All. Quick update on my application.

Took my test today and 2 hours later my Citizenship application is approved in my ImmiAccount!!! Do we get a seperate email communication that it is approved or do they only send the ceremony invite next?

Entry to Australia with PR : July 2016
Eligibility : July 2020
Applied : July 2020
Test and Interview : 6th March 2021
Application status : Approved 6th March 2021
Ceremony date : Awaited!
You will get a letter by Post confirming the Approval your application

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dont bother much. There are few people who applied around Feb 2020 yet to get their ceremony. Seems like BCC is having a huge backlog for ceremonies.. For complete dates:

When is the next ceremony in Brisbane does anyone know ?
Thanks 😊
Hi there,

Am submitting my citizenship application next month. Do we need PCC from India? I have been travelling out of Australia quite frequently but have never stayed over 12 months continuously elsewhere. It takes 6 weeks to get PCC, so just planning to get in advance if it is a requirement.

Which city council are you located? Am in Brisbane in the northside as well (Carseldine). Did you get your ceremony invite?

Regards,
Madhav

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi there,

Am submitting my citizenship application next month. Do we need PCC from India? I have been travelling out of Australia quite frequently but have never stayed over 12 months continuously elsewhere. It takes 6 weeks to get PCC, so just planning to get in advance if it is a requirement.

Which city council are you located? Am in Brisbane in the northside as well (Carseldine). Did you get your ceremony invite?

Regards,
Madhav
From what I understand,

You need to provide an overseas PCC, if the total time spent outside Australia added up to 12 months or more; and the time spent in any one country was more than 90 days.

E.g. If you lived in India for more than 90 days continuously after you got your PR, you need to get a India PCC.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Updating my timeline

Date of Application- 25th Feb 2020

Test and Approval date- 10th Oct 2020

Ceremony date- 1st April [email protected] Brisbane convention centre-

Ceremony Email received on 8th March 2021

Unfortunately nobody will receive invite for 18th March- as the Brisbane city council has cancelled the March ceremony , the upcoming dates for Brisbane city ceremonies are-

Thursday 1 April 2021
Monday 19 April 2021
Monday 24 May 2021
Wednesday 14 July 2021
Wednesday 4 August 2021
Monday 30 August 2021
Monday 11 October 2021
Monday 29 November 2021.
I read this on the Brisbane council FB page

·
Registered
114 Posts
Applied: 30 May 2020
Received invite: 14 January 2021
Test Date : 23/03/2021
Test Rescheduled / Interview: 18/01/2021 (Parramatta)
Emailed DOHA : 01/03/2021 – Status of application
Approved: 08/03/2021 after 1.5 month
waiting for Ceremony – Cumberland Council

Reactions: PinkLady

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please can you give me the email address of DHA. I took my test on the 1 Feb 2021 but It still showing "Received"on my status

·
Registered
26 Posts
Citizenship Ceremony

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the council's still do Online Ceremonies and if they do, how do we choose to have an online ceremony? Is it by choice or completely upto the council?

Also is there a thread here to tracking ceremonies on this forum?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Please can you give me the email address of DHA. I took my test on the 1 Feb 2021 but It still showing "Received"on my status
Which state are you from ?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi All,

Does anyone know if the council's still do Online Ceremonies and if they do, how do we choose to have an online ceremony? Is it by choice or completely upto the council?

Also is there a thread here to tracking ceremonies on this forum?
Online Ceremonies are done by DOHA and not council. Which state are you from and when did you give you test ?

241 - 260 of 309 Posts