Australia Forum banner

261 - 280 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Many are getting their approval so quick but I dont know why mine is delaying. My passport was missing so at the test day I told case office and he said I should attach the missing police report of the missing passport on my immi account which I did after the test. I got 100% at the test. I dont know if that's the reason,maybe they are doing external checks?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi All. Update from my end.

Just got my Citizenship approval letter by mail today in my letterbox. Online approval on Immi account on 6th March 2021. Waiting for the ceremony invite.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Quick update about my citizenship.
Check my immi account today and it was APPROVED. :):):):)
After interview and test I was asked to provided more documentation.
Congratulation !
I have a question , when you had interview did they ask about your driving history? because I got speeding offence and list my 3 points. is that going to effect ?.

Please advise me
Pata

·
Registered
26 Posts
You don’t have to declare them unless you have been to a court. So don’t fret about it. It won’t affect your application. They specifically asked me. ‘Have you been to court for any traffic offence?’. I said No. End of story. Good luck with your citizenship.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just passed my Citizenship test today, I applied July 2020 - has anyone got an ETA on:
1. Immi Account updating from "Received"
2. Receiving an "Approval Letter"
3. Receiving a Citizenship Ceremony Invitation (Randwick Council NSW) - does it really take between 6-8 months??? That seems like an awfully long wait.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just passed my Citizenship test today, I applied July 2020 - has anyone got an ETA on:
3. Receiving a Citizenship Ceremony Invitation (Randwick Council NSW) - does it really take between 6-8 months??? That seems like an awfully long wait.
Mate

1. Immi Account updating from "Received" - This can happen between 1 hour after the test to 6 months depending on your application. If you have a lot of overseas police checks, I believe it drags it out. There is really no transparency on this. I got mine approved 1.5 to 2 hours after my test.

2. Receiving an "Approval Letter" - Usually approval letter get posted within 1 week in your mailbox from the data of approval on Immi. I got mine in the mailbox on Saturday. Exactly 7 days after my approval.

3. Receiving a Citizenship Ceremony Invitation - This one is a million dollar question. It really depends on your council. I think getting approval is the hard part. Once it is done I believe your ceremony will happen in max 6 months as per the DHA website.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
From date of approval to ceremony is currently shown as 75% were done in under 5 months, and 10% took over 6 months.

That figure for under 5 months, could be as little as a week or two, but probably a bit more.

Randwick have two ceremonies currently listed, 31 March & 29 April, with 55 people at each. If they do them every month, it could be quick.

Some councils only do 3 or 4 ceremonies per year, meaning they will be in the longer time frames.

Reactions: ravikiran.7070

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi there, just out of curiosity where can you find the specific ceremony dates scheduled for councils?
I sit my exam this Wednesday the 17th so I'm hopeful my ceremony isn't too long after this. My council is City of Ryde Council - I've tried checking their website and cant seem to find any info?

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Hi there, just out of curiosity where can you find the specific ceremony dates scheduled for councils?
I sit my exam this Wednesday the 17th so I'm hopeful my ceremony isn't too long after this. My council is City of Ryde Council - I've tried checking their website and cant seem to find any info?
Some council websites have it, others don't.

You could ring them and ask.

Reactions: ravikiran.7070

·
Registered
86 Posts
You don't have to declare them unless you have been to a court. So don't fret about it. It won't affect your application. They specifically asked me. 'Have you been to court for any traffic offence?'. I said No. End of story. Good luck with your citizenship.
Hi Ravikiran

Thanks a lot . now only my mind is peaceful
Thanks again

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has recently done a test in the Sydney CBD office? How long did it take overall?

Also, if anyone has recently rescheduled their test date in the Sydney CBD, were there many time slots available? I am considering to reschedule mine to an earlier date, however if there will be no date sooner then my current one, will I still be able to keep it?

Thank you

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has recently done a test in the Sydney CBD office? How long did it take overall?

Also, if anyone has recently rescheduled their test date in the Sydney CBD, were there many time slots available? I am considering to reschedule mine to an earlier date, however if there will be no date sooner then my current one, will I still be able to keep it?

Thank you
Mate,

Mine was at Sydney CBD. It took around 15 mins in total for me. 5 mins for document verification at the counter by the staff and then 10 mins for the test. Process is very seamless.
Tip : If your appointment is at 10.30, go there only by 10.15. They let you in only 5 minutes before your appointment. I went too early and spent more than half an hour waiting.

You can look at the slots by trying to reschedule on your Immi account. You can still keep your same timeslot as long as you don't change your appointment online.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mate,

Mine was at Sydney CBD. It took around 15 mins in total for me. 5 mins for document verification at the counter by the staff and then 10 mins for the test. Process is very seamless.
Tip : If your appointment is at 10.30, go there only by 10.15. They let you in only 5 minutes before your appointment. I went too early and spent more than half an hour waiting.

You can look at the slots by trying to reschedule on your Immi account. You can still keep your same timeslot as long as you don't change your appointment online.
Thank you,

Was your application approved on the same day?

·
Registered
2 Posts
lodged my citizenship through conferral on the 26th of June 2018, still haven't got my approval. they emailed me yesterday requesting for the following documents, after I submitted documents proving links between me and my father whom was the former Australian citizen.

* evidence that my father and mother were both in a genuine and continuing relationship prior to and at the time of my birth.

* evidence that my father was involved in providing care for me and/or my mother during her pregnancy, for example, emotional, domestic or financial support, making arrangements for the birth, antenatal and postnatal care;

* evidence that you were acknowledged socially at or before birth as my fathers child.

* any other evidence demonstrating parent/child relationship between and my father prior to and/or at the time of my birth.

has anyone been in the similar situation and how far along am I from the approval stage. can share a bit if insight of his/her experience. any information is greatly appreciated...

cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys- this is a question for people who are done with the citizenship ceremony.

Did you all have to arrive an hour and a half before the ceremony commences ? I have asked the same to the Brisbane city council and awaiting their reply.

What would happen if i arrive by 7pm for a ceremony which commences by 7.30pm ?

Im assuming they asking us to arrive early just to verify the documents and make you sit in the auditorium.

below was the info in the email invite-
Date: Thursday 1 April 2021
Arrival Time: Please arrive an hour and a half before the ceremony commences
Ceremony Time: 7.25pm - 8.20pm
Place: The Great Hall, Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre

regards
Nishant

·
Registered
21 Posts
Guys- this is a question for people who are done with the citizenship ceremony.

Did you all have to arrive an hour and a half before the ceremony commences ? I have asked the same to the Brisbane city council and awaiting their reply.

What would happen if i arrive by 7pm for a ceremony which commences by 7.30pm ?

Im assuming they asking us to arrive early just to verify the documents and make you sit in the auditorium.

below was the info in the email invite-
Date: Thursday 1 April 2021
Arrival Time: Please arrive an hour and a half before the ceremony commences
Ceremony Time: 7.25pm - 8.20pm
Place: The Great Hall, Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre

regards
Nishant
Hi, when did you get citizenship approval and when did you receive your invitation? Was it by mail or email please? All I hear in Brisbane is cricket noises with no idea when I will get an invite. I know a few people waiting too.
Thanks for your response 🙂

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, Below are the dates

Citizenship Application- 25th Feb 2020
Test and Approval- 10 Oct 2020
Email for Ceremony- 8th March 2021
Ceremony date- 1st April 2021
letter for ceremony received- 16th March 2021

The letter and email have the same content.
Location- Great Hall- Brisbane convn centre.

Hi, when did you get citizenship approval and when did you receive your invitation? Was it by mail or email please? All I hear in Brisbane is cricket noises with no idea when I will get an invite. I know a few people waiting too.
Thanks for your response 🙂

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Immi Account is still saying "Recieved" even though I sat and passed the Citizenship Test over a week ago in Sydney, on Monday 15th in the morning? Is this normal? Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
My Immi Account is still saying "Recieved" even though I sat and passed the Citizenship Test over a week ago in Sydney, on Monday 15th in the morning? Is this normal? Thanks
Hi Hlou

I also wonder just like you, if that is normal, because many people get their approvals on the same day they did the test. I have done my test 11/02 and still waiting for the approval. I was really surprised when I found out in this forum a person who was waiting for approval for 10 months and finally got it a few days ago.
If anyone has information why someone get approval on the same day and someone not I would be grateful if you share this with us.
Thank you to all in advance.

261 - 280 of 309 Posts