Australia Forum banner

281 - 300 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi everyone,

My husband will be eligible for citizenship early next month and I have a few questions:

-in regards to the rule about being in Australia when the citizenship is granted can you still be oversees AFTER submitting the application but BEFORE completing the test?

- we are in Melbourne. I understandtests are on hold. I assume they'll be a massive backlog due to this. Correct? Has HA said anything about how the intend to address the backlog (haha likely wishful thinking, I know!)

- what is the best way to study for the test?
--- I understand there is a podcast and booklet? Where do I access these? A

---re there any websites with up-to-date practice questions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys,

Eligibility June 2020
Application 22 March 2021
Location Bunbury, WA
Test/appointment - waiting
Approval- waiting

I have see posts on here that indicate some have received their dates within 3 months or so from application... has the processing times changed?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, had my test yesterday (24 March 2021) and passed (100%). Still waiting for my IMMI status to change to Approved.

Anyone have any estimates on how long before I may receive a ceremony invite for Newcastle NSW? I see the next ceremony is planned for 28 April 2021.

Further timeline information in my signature.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi ya'll

I finally got my citizenship ceremony letter in the street mailbox today. I'm almost at the finish line :) So the whole citizenship process for me from start to finish will have taken exactly 12 months.

Application Date: May 2020
Test Location: Perth, WA
Test Date: Sept, 2020
Ceremony Location: Gosnells, WA
Ceremony Date: May 2021

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, Did you get your ceremony date ?
It's a bit quiet with ceremony dates lately on here.
I wonder if the ceremony for Brisbane due this Thursday 1 April will be done online or cancelled. This would mean a second cancellation pushing some of us further back !

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wonder if the ceremony for Brisbane due this Thursday 1 April will be done online or cancelled. This would mean a second cancellation pushing some of us further back !
Yup my ceremony scheduled for 1st April has been cancelled for now.
Council will advise once the new ceremony date is confirmed.
Im guessing it will be by 4th week of April depending on how the Covid situation in Brisbane shapes up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Im guessing it will be by 4th week of April depending on how the Covid situation in Brisbane shapes up.
Ok , staying hopeful

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. From Darwin here;
Eligibility 15th Aug 2020
Applied 15th Aug 2020
Invite to test Jan sometime
Test date 9th March 2021
Passed 100%
currently 1st April and still waiting for approval.

how long does approval usually take? And how long does ceremony usually take after approval?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys. From Darwin here;
Eligibility 15th Aug 2020
Applied 15th Aug 2020
Invite to test Jan sometime
Test date 9th March 2021
Passed 100%
currently 1st April and still waiting for approval.

how long does approval usually take? And how long does ceremony usually take after approval?
Hello! I have applied same date as yours and mine still showing status as "received". Do you recall when you status changed form "Received" to the next status??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi guys,

After your application got approved, how soon did you receive an approval letter via post?

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I applied for Australian Citizenship by Conferral on 5 January 2021. Received letter for test on 25 February 2021 to sat test on 18 March 2021 at Centrelink Service Centre, Port Augusta. Successfully passed the test but the immi acount is still showing Further Assessment as on today 8 April 2021.
Can anybody please tell me how much time they take to approve aplication. I live in remote South Australia and as per the letter received by me, my application is being processed by Regional Citizenship Team located in Brisbane.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello!

I have just heard I have my date for my citizenship ceremony! So here is my timeline...

Eligibility: May 2020 ??? (Sorry can't remember)
Application Submitted: 13th Aug 2020
Test/appointment: 21st Jan 2021
Approval: 1st Feb 2021
Ceremony: 13th May 2021

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys,

After your application got approved, how soon did you receive an approval letter via post?

Thank you
Hi!

Mine was about 10 days but i think it depends a lot on where you are located and the amount of applications they have

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there any update of the postponed Citizenship ceremony of 1st April in Brisbane? I am eagerly waiting for the ceremony.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Applied: 05 October 2020
Council: Sydney City Council
Interview appointment email received: 08/04/2021
Interview appointment: 30th April 2021
Interview rescheduled: 09/04/2021
Outcome:
Ceremony:

281 - 300 of 309 Posts