Australia Forum banner

301 - 320 of 320 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi gyus :)
I got my approval letter this morning after a six weeks of waiting.

Citizenship test: 02/11 2021
Application approved: 03/31 2021
Application letter received: 04/09 2021

All the best to all :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Friends

Any one applied citizenship application with child?..Please advise me if we want to apply our child under 15 years on our application do we need to give consent for responsibilities?... own child living with parents need any document to proof?.

I am really struck that because its asking child custody evident and extra documents

Thanks a lot in advance
PATA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Friends

Any one applied citizenship application with child?..Please advise me if we want to apply our child under 15 years on our application do we need to give consent for responsibilities?... own child living with parents need any document to proof?.

I am really struck that because its asking child custody evident and extra documents

Thanks a lot in advance
PATA
If in doubt supply extra info is your best option so yes, you will need to provide proof that you have custody of the child.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello all

Eligible date: mid Nov 2019
Application Date: 29 Jul 2020.

Still haven't heard from anything from DoHA......lol

Should I chase them up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all

Eligible date: mid Nov 2019
Application Date: 29 Jul 2020.

Still haven't heard from anything from DoHA......lol

Should I chase them up?
Submit an FOI to get your case notes. Was your application complete? You should have received something by now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Submit an FOI to get your case notes. Was your application complete? You should have received something by now.
My application is missing a police check from Hong Kong, which can only be requested with an RFI letter from DoHA.

I was planning to give them a nudge in a few month's time because their website says 75% of their applications are processed within 13 months. :/

Will submit an FOI just to see where things are at....Thanks for the suggestion! 😄

·
Registered
5 Posts
My application is missing a police check from Hong Kong, which can only be requested with an RFI letter from DoHA.

I was planning to give them a nudge in a few month's time because their website says 75% of their applications are processed within 13 months. :/

Will submit an FOI just to see where things are at....Thanks for the suggestion! 😄
I'd also suggest joining the citizenship thread on the Whirlpool website. There's a lot of useful info there and people post pretty much everyday.

·
Registered
406 Posts
My wife had her test yesterday in Melbourne.

Applied 8 May 20
Test date 15 Apr 21 (was initially 27 May 21 but resheduled)
Approval 15 Apr 21 (her immiaccount changed to approved about 30min after her test)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here is my timeline (I’ve posted on other forum websites as well):

Citizenship applied: 28/5/2020
Test invitation received 20/4/2021
Test date: 5/5/2021
Test location: Melbourne

Melbourne/Victoria is finally catching up!

I have a question regarding ‘Evidence of first arrival in Australia’. I visited Australia briefly about 13 years ago using a temporary passport that I don’t have anymore. Anyone had a similar issue? What can I use as evidence of first arrival?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got an email from Gosnells council, WA about the cancellation of citizenship ceremony for 1st May due to covid restrictions :(
Sucks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, been waiting for a date since Feb. Brisbane has rescheduled people whoses dates was cancelled 1st April to May 24th: means I have to hope am on July’s list. Can’t these people do these online? Seriously?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Starting a new thread for members who have applied Australian Citizenship in 2020 to get an idea about waiting time etc. Please also share your application progress to help others. My application detail below

Eligibility: 8 April 2020
Applied: 10 April 2020
Test Location Requested: Melbourne
Test Date: waiting...

Hi All,

Below are my details which you can see the tentative dates. However dates will be different based on profile and location.
Applied on - 26/02/2020
Test Date: 19/4/2021
Approved Date: 19/4/2021
Ceremony Date: TBD (As per them appox. 6-7 months from date of approval

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi gyus :)
I got my approval letter this morning after a six weeks of waiting.
Applied: 06/09/2020
Citizenship test: 02/11 2021
Application approved: 03/31 2021
Application letter received: 04/09 2021

All the best to all :)
Sorry Zaf663 for the late reply. I applied on 06/09/2020

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone recently received an invitation to the ceremony in Sydney? Did you get a letter by post only or did you also receive an e-mail?
Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, I applied for citizenship in January 2020, however, left to overseas soon after and returned to Australia a few days ago. Have not heard back from immigration - the status is received. Please advise what I can do to revive the application. Can FOI help?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Finally i got my citizenship finalized this morning at the ceremony. It has been a long journey to get to this point from the humble beginnings on a student visa. All the best to everyone waiting for their turn.

Elligibility: May, 2020
Application Date: May, 2020
Test Location: Perth, WA
Test Date: Sept, 2020
Ceremony: 1st May 21 (Postponed due to covid)
Ceremony: 15th May 21 (Gosnells council WA)

·
Registered
6,248 Posts
Hi
How do you know your eligibility date for citizenship

thx
To become eligible to apply for Australian Citizenship, you need to have legally lived in Australia for 4 years, with a minimum of 3 years actually in the country during that 4 years, and at least 9 months in the country in the year immediately before applying. You must also have held a Permanent resident visa for at least 12 months.

301 - 320 of 320 Posts