Location requested: Sydney
Test date : 19th May 2021
Test location: Parramatta
Ceremony date: waiting

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys
I have received an invitation for the test. Do you know if I can upload a re-issued Birth Certificate of my child now before going to the actual test?

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone, is anyone here applying from Brisbane?
My citizenship application got approved Nov2020 but still haven't received my ceremony invite.... makes me wonder what's going on..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi everyone,

Today I received an email with an invitation to the citizenship ceremony on 06/24 /2021.That is exactly two months and 4 days from the application has been approved. It was a nice and unexpected surprise:)
All the best to everyone:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Quick turnaround maybe things are speeding up!

PR grant - 19 Feb 2020
Citizenship Application lodged - 19 Feb 2021
Test Invite Email - 21 May 2021
Scheduled Test date / Interview - 22 June 2021
Rescheduled - 04 June 2021
Approved same day - 04 June 2021
Ceremony invite email - ???
Ceremony date - ???

———
820 Visa - 06 Sep 2016 applied
820 Visa - 06 Sept 2017 approved
801 Visa - 18 Aug 2018 applied
801 Visa - 19 Feb 2020 approved

———
Sydney NSW Waverley Council

·
Registered
27 Posts
Awesome news! Got my Citizenship Ceremony Invite for the 30th of June 2021!

Amazing feeling. Timeline below!

Eligible: 23rd July 2020
Applied: 23rd July 2020
Location requested: Sydney
Test date : 6th March 2021
Test location: Sydney CBD
Ceremony Invite Received : 8th June 2021
Ceremony date: 30th June 2021.
Council : City of Canada Bay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I applied for Australian Citizenship by Conferral on 5 January 2021. Received letter for test on 25 February 2021 to sat test on 18 March 2021 at Centrelink Service Centre, Port Augusta. Successfully passed the test but the immi acount is still showing Further Assessment as on today 8 April 2021.
Can anybody please tell me how much time they take to approve aplication. I live in remote South Australia and as per the letter received by me, my application is being processed by Regional Citizenship Team located in Brisbane.
Hi! How did you go with your application. We did our test in Port Augusta too last 27 May and status is trill received.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Hi! How did you go with your application. We did our test in Port Augusta too last 27 May and status is trill received.
I think the departmental offices can approve much faster than those done in a Centrelink office, where I assume they can't approve on the spot.

My wife's was at Centrelink too, and is still waiting.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi my name is Linh and very confuse with using surname (husband surname) while apply for Australian Citizenship. I have my old surname on our wedding certificate. Does it means that my surname automatically change to my husband's surname when I got married?
I am not sure which surname I can use while applying for Australian Citizenship.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Hi my name is Linh and very confuse with using surname (husband surname) while apply for Australian Citizenship. I have my old surname on our wedding certificate. Does it means that my surname automatically change to my husband's surname when I got married?
I am not sure which surname I can use while applying for Australian Citizenship.
Not everyone changes their surname on marriage.

Which surname do you want to use?

My wife changed her name to mine on her foreign passport, before applying for citizenship.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not everyone changes their surname on marriage.

Which surname do you want to use?

My wife changed her name to mine on her foreign passport, before applying for citizenship.
Hi JandE

We used my surname from my passport on marriage certificate. It's impossible to change my name on viet passport unless I did it in Vietnam.
I want to use my husband's surname on proposed Australian Citizenship.
Strange thing is that I am using my husband's surname on my Driver's license, medicare card, etc.
But ImmiAccount want proof of me changing to husband's surname.
I think the only way is to register "change of name" with Death, Birth & Marriages SA (sigh) oh so much work huh

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Hi JandE

We used my surname from my passport on marriage certificate. It's impossible to change my name on viet passport unless I did it in Vietnam.
I want to use my husband's surname on proposed Australian Citizenship.
Strange thing is that I am using my husband's surname on my Driver's license, medicare card, etc.
But ImmiAccount want proof of me changing to husband's surname.
I think the only way is to register "change of name" with Death, Birth & Marriages SA (sigh) oh so much work huh
If you have an Australian marriage certificate, you should be able to use that with the Citizenship application, and apply in the married name. It is, after all, used as proof of name change for other things.

Immigration however cannot change the name for the visa, as the visa name must be the same as the passport name.
That was why we had to get her passport sent back to her country, via the embassy, to have a new passport issued in the married name.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Oh JandE, I hope this is true :)
Even my Australian Marriage Certificate have my maiden name same as my passport, I can use my husband's surname while applying for Citizenship?
In question 22 out of 34 in ImmiAccount application, it say "Evidence of any change of name".
That means I can upload my marriage certificate (with my maiden name) as a proof that I can change my name in citizenship?, that would save a lot of more time for me and husband

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you have an Australian marriage certificate, you should be able to use that with the Citizenship application, and apply in the married name. It is, after all, used as proof of name change for other things.

Immigration however cannot change the name for the visa, as the visa name must be the same as the passport name.
That was why we had to get her passport sent back to her country, via the embassy, to have a new passport issued in the married name.
Even my Australian Marriage Certificate have my maiden name same as my passport, I can use my husband's surname while applying for Citizenship?
In question 22 out of 34 in ImmiAccount application, it say "Evidence of any change of name".
That means I can upload my marriage certificate (with my maiden name) as a proof that I can change my name in citizenship?, that would save a lot of more time for me and husband

Silly me, I don't know how to delete my single message above as I want to reply to you.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
From the Citizenship pages:
Documents showing evidence of a change of name include:
  • an official (non-commemorative) marriage or divorce certificate
The marriage certificate has pre marriage names, but they can see the spouses name, and therefore your ability to use it, if you choose.

By applying, using the married name in the application, you are indicating your choice to use that name.

I feel sure that would be the normal way that most people would do it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
From the Citizenship pages:
Documents showing evidence of a change of name include:
  • an official (non-commemorative) marriage or divorce certificate
The marriage certificate has pre marriage names, but they can see the spouses name, and therefore your ability to use it, if you choose.

By applying, using the married name in the application, you are indicating your choice to use that name.

I feel sure that would be the normal way that most people would do it.
Thank you JandE for your thorough explanation. Now we can go ahead with the application in ImmiAccount.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone
I am still waiting for my approval letter.

my timeline is as following:
Eligibility 14 March 2019
Day of applying 14 May 2019 Victoria ( Geelong )
Test Appointment received 14 December 2020 ( Ballarat )
Test date 12 February 2021
Passed the test on the 12 February 2021
Sadly as I apply via pauper not online I can’t really tell if the status of my application has changed or anything just waiting on my letter and ceremony date.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

Today I received an email with an invitation to the citizenship ceremony on 06/24 /2021.That is exactly two months and 4 days from the application has been approved. It was a nice and unexpected surprise:)
All the best to everyone:)
which council?

321 - 340 of 340 Posts