Australia Forum banner
361 - 380 of 411 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would have thought that too. But having seen a recent one, where a couple had their test at the same time, and in the same place, but one approved immediately and the other took longer, I can only assume they must still be doing something for checking.
Yeah finger crossed.

how about you? Have you got your citizenship yet?

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Yeah finger crossed.

how about you? Have you got your citizenship yet?
My wifes citizenship was approved a couple of months after the test, at a Centrelink office. Now waiting for a ceremony date.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Just wanted to say that I received my letter to attend my Citizenship interview and test on 27 July 2021 in Albany, WA. I applied in January 2021. I'm actually surprised because I'm a regional applicant and was told they go slower in regional areas. Very excited! Now, wondering how long the rest of the process will be afterwards.

Eligible: 13 September 2020
Applied: 27 January 2021
Location requested: Albany, WA
Test date : 27 July 2021
Test location: Albany Centrelink Office
Ceremony Invite Received : ??
Ceremony date: ??
Council : Shire of Katanning

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just wanted to say that I received my letter to attend my Citizenship interview and test on 27 July 2021 in Albany, WA. I applied in January 2021. I'm actually surprised because I'm a regional applicant and was told they go slower in regional areas. Very excited! Now, wondering how long the rest of the process will be afterwards.

Eligible: 13 September 2020
Applied: 27 January 2021
Location requested: Albany, WA
Test date : 27 July 2021
Test location: Albany Centrelink Office
Ceremony Invite Received : ??
Ceremony date: ??
Council : Shire of Katanning
Congratulations LadyRogueRayne!

I'm curious to know how long it will take too.

Does anyone know what's the fastest time reported from citizenship application to citizenship ceremony?

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
I'm curious to know how long it will take too.

Does anyone know what's the fastest time reported from citizenship application to citizenship ceremony?
The time can vary enormously.

I got mine in just under 8 weeks some years ago, application to ceremony.
My wife applied in March 2020, and we expect the ceremony in Jan 2022, so that will be 22 months.

A Indian from Brisbane, lodged on 18 November 2020, test done on 3 February, approved 15 February.
Their ceremony will probably be either 14 July, 4 August or 30 August 2021. So between 8 and 9 months for them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yay! I'm Aussie :)))

PR granted: January 2014
Moved to Australia: November 2016
Citizenship application lodged: January 2020
Went overseas: March 2020
Returned onshore in Sydney: May 2021
Test invitation for: 22 June 2021
Test Rescheduled for: 11 June 2021
Approved: 11 June 2021
Requested virtual ceremony on the basis of job
Virtual ceremony: 6 July 2021
Inner West Council NSW

·
Registered
21 Posts

Inner West Council NSW
That's funny... the Inner West Council NSW only holds citizenship ceremonies on the third Wednesday of the month. Also, invites are send out a minimum of 4 weeks in advance. Something fishy about your timeline.

If correct, what does 'on basis of job' mean. How did you get them to let you attend a ceremony less than 4 weeks after your approval

·
Registered
6,637 Posts

Inner West Council NSW
How did you apply for a virtual ceremony, rather than attend a normal one. Who did you contact?

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's funny... the Inner West Council NSW only holds citizenship ceremonies on the third Wednesday of the month. Also, invites are send out a minimum of 4 weeks in advance. Something fishy about your timeline.

If correct, what does 'on basis of job' mean. How did you get them to let you attend a ceremony less than 4 weeks after your approval

Miracles happen, mate ;-)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wrote a lengthy email to VC NSW explaining my situation and attached relevant proof docs
[email protected]
I tried writing emails as well for the last 3 days but no response. Not that I am expecting a job offer. Maybe that's why? But still with the lock downs they should do virtual ceremonies rather than anticipating when the lockdown will end and commence F2F ceremonies. With this the processing times will blowout and we will be back to Square 1.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
I tried writing emails as well for the last 3 days but no response. Not that I am expecting a job offer. Maybe that's why? But still with the lock downs they should do virtual ceremonies rather than anticipating when the lockdown will end and commence F2F ceremonies. With this the processing times will blowout and we will be back to Square 1.
You need to give them a very good reason to get priority for a faster ceremony.

With the right reason, it can be done very fast. Some years ago, with a very specific reason, I got mine 3 weeks after the test.

With the Sydney ceremonies, the 14 July has been cancelled, but there are two scheduled for 28 July.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You need to give them a very good reason to get priority for a faster ceremony.

With the right reason, it can be done very fast. Some years ago, with a very specific reason, I got mine 3 weeks after the test.

With the Sydney ceremonies, the 14 July has been cancelled, but there are two scheduled for 28 July.
My council is City of Canada Bay. Ceremonies are once a month as confirmed by the lady from the council helpline. So the last ceremony was scheduled for 30th June and got cancelled. So i presume the next one is sometime end of July unless the lockdown continues.

Also because i got invited and then cancelled, from a F2F ceremony schedule I think I should be on top of the list for the next ceremony I presume?

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
My council is City of Canada Bay. Ceremonies are once a month as confirmed by the lady from the council helpline. So the last ceremony was scheduled for 30th June and got cancelled. So i presume the next one is sometime end of July unless the lockdown continues.

Also because i got invited and then cancelled, from a F2F ceremony schedule I think I should be on top of the list for the next ceremony I presume?
My wife is waiting for her ceremony. Our council appears to hold one a year. January.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
One a year? Jeez! That is insane!
Only about 25 people per year in my council area get Citizenship.

A QLD area 1/6th of the size of Greater Sydney, but a population 1/130th.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Citizenship application: May 2020
Test date: June 29 2021
Approval notice received: July 7, 2021
Ceremony date: August 4, 2021
Springvale

FIVE weeks, so fast?! I about fainted when I got the email today. Good luck to everybody else waiting.

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Citizenship application: May 2020
Test date: June 29 2021
Approval notice received: July 7, 2021
Ceremony date: August 4, 2021
Springvale

FIVE weeks, so fast?! I about fainted when I got the email today. Good luck to everybody else waiting.
Which council is doing the Ceremony? Do you know how many they do each year?

Reactions: rachelandmax

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
Which council is doing the Ceremony? Do you know how many they do each year?

Dandenong. I think they're monthly?Here's a link to their schedule for 2021 Citizenship
I am jealous. Yours has 20 ceremonies this year, average one every 18 days. Ours has one a year.

This can help to explain some differences between the times people might need to wait for a ceremony.

Reactions: rachelandmax
361 - 380 of 411 Posts