Australia Forum banner
381 - 400 of 411 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just sharing my update :
My ceremony was scheduled for the 30th of June and it got cancelled. Sent emails to all the Virtual citizenship email id's with my ceremony cancellation letter I got from DHA. Maybe attaching the Ceremony cancellation document I attached helped? An email from ACT said we don't do virtual ceremonies anymore and a couple of emails bounced back.

However, today I got an email from Virtual Ceremony NSW that I am invited for my Virtual Ceremony on the 15th of July. So relieved. Slightly disappointed as I wanted a F2F ceremony with the experience but no point in waiting for it as the Sydney lockdown seems to have no end in sight.

So after I take the pledge on 15th, I'll be an Australian :) ! Within 3 weeks from then I should get my citizenship certificate and then should apply for my passport.

·
Registered
15 Posts
After almost 15 years, I've finally become a citizenship. My citizenship ceremony was cancelled due to the current Covid situation but I quickly got a virtual ceremony.
Through visa rejection and subsequent failure at the AAT and then a reprieve at the hands of the Minister; I've finally done it and now can call myself an Australian.

To all out there waiting, keep positive and your time will soon come.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just sharing my update :
My ceremony was scheduled for the 30th of June and it got cancelled. Sent emails to all the Virtual citizenship email id's with my ceremony cancellation letter I got from DHA. Maybe attaching the Ceremony cancellation document I attached helped? An email from ACT said we don't do virtual ceremonies anymore and a couple of emails bounced back.

However, today I got an email from Virtual Ceremony NSW that I am invited for my Virtual Ceremony on the 15th of July. So relieved. Slightly disappointed as I wanted a F2F ceremony with the experience but no point in waiting for it as the Sydney lockdown seems to have no end in sight.

So after I take the pledge on 15th, I'll be an Australian :) ! Within 3 weeks from then I should get my citizenship certificate and then should apply for my passport.
Just sharing my update :

so only provided them with cancellation letter?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,

Applied :01/03/21
Invitation test email: 08/06/21
Original Test date: 13/07/21
Reschedule date: 15/06/21
Location test: Parramatta

Not sure what caused my application still showing as Received given that i did the test in the Parramatta office not Centrelink.
Hi All,
Update from me

Applied :01/03/21
Invitation test email: 08/06/21
Original Test date: 13/07/21
Reschedule date: 15/06/21
Location test: Parramatta
Ceremony Date: Pending

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just finished my Virtual Ceremony and I am now officially an Australian Citizen!

Ceremony took around 10 minutes.

I Logged into my ImmiAccount and checked my status. Below is what I found. I was on a 189 skilled independent and that is replaced now with my citizenship. My Immiaccount status for my Citizenship also says 'Finalised' :)

Visa class / subclassnull : null/null
Visa type : Permanent resident or citizen

My timelines below :
First entry to Australia : 23rd July 2016
Applied for Citizenship : 23rd July 2020
Test date : 6th March 2021
Approval date : 6th March 2021 (1 hour after the test)
F2F Ceremony date : 30th June 2021 (Cancelled due to Covid lockdown in Sydney)
Request for Virtual Ceremony email sent : 9th July 2021
Virtual Ceremony mail received : 12th July 2021
Virtual Ceremony : 15th July 2021.
Council : City of Canada Bay NSW

End of my Permanent Resident Journey! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE :) !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey

I’m in the process of doing my husbands Australian citizenship online. I want to know should we have informed immigration that he has changed address since being granted permenant two yrs ago and again 6 months ago when we moved different place.
Also can I add any other documents that shows our previous address including the latest address

Thx

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi can I ask you a different question? After attending the Citizenship exam and passed on that exam, can I go outside of Australia and stay outside until I receive citizenship Ceremony invitation?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just finished my Virtual Ceremony and I am now officially an Australian Citizen!

Ceremony took around 10 minutes.

I Logged into my ImmiAccount and checked my status. Below is what I found. I was on a 189 skilled independent and that is replaced now with my citizenship. My Immiaccount status for my Citizenship also says 'Finalised' :)

Visa class / subclassnull : null/null
Visa type : Permanent resident or citizen

My timelines below :
First entry to Australia : 23rd July 2016
Applied for Citizenship : 23rd July 2020
Test date : 6th March 2021
Approval date : 6th March 2021 (1 hour after the test)
F2F Ceremony date : 30th June 2021 (Cancelled due to Covid lockdown in Sydney)
Request for Virtual Ceremony email sent : 9th July 2021
Virtual Ceremony mail received : 12th July 2021
Virtual Ceremony : 15th July 2021.
Council : City of Canada Bay NSW

End of my Permanent Resident Journey! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE :) !
Hello and congratulations!

How were you informed about the original ceremony date? Did you receive a notification on your Immi account or did you receive an e-mail or letter in your mail box? Not sure where to expect the invitation.

Thank you

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Hi can I ask you a different question? After attending the Citizenship exam and passed on that exam, can I go outside of Australia and stay outside until I receive citizenship Ceremony invitation?
It may delay your ceremony, and allow others to take available spaces. They may just wait till you come back.

The site does say:
Make sure any travel does not affect your ability to attend the ceremony. Or it will delay you in becoming an Australian citizen.
If you plan to travel outside Australia before your ceremony, tell us at your citizenship appointment. Or call the Global Service Centre.

·
Registered
72 Posts
It may delay your ceremony, and allow others to take available spaces. They may just wait till you come back.

The site does say:
Make sure any travel does not affect your ability to attend the ceremony. Or it will delay you in becoming an Australian citizen.
If you plan to travel outside Australia before your ceremony, tell us at your citizenship appointment. Or call the Global Service Centre.
So if "your travel does not affect your ability to attend the ceremony" then we don't need to inform them??

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
So if "your travel does not affect your ability to attend the ceremony" then we don't need to inform them??
Presumably if you already have a ceremony date set, and you are 100% certain you can get a flight back into Australia in time to attend it, (doubtful at the moment), then logically you may not need to inform them.

I assume that immigration won't cancel your ceremony date.

However, their wording is "If you plan to travel outside Australia before your ceremony, tell us at your citizenship appointment. Or call the Global Service Centre."

·
Registered
72 Posts
Presumably if you already have a ceremony date set, and you are 100% certain you can get a flight back into Australia in time to attend it, (doubtful at the moment), then logically you may not need to inform them.

I assume that immigration won't cancel your ceremony date.

However, their wording is "If you plan to travel outside Australia before your ceremony, tell us at your citizenship appointment. Or call the Global Service Centre."
Yes, travel is close to impossible in this pandemic. Last year I thought we could make travel plans this year, but that's not going to happen, and who knows if next year is going to be more of the same.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello and congratulations!

How were you informed about the original ceremony date? Did you receive a notification on your Immi account or did you receive an e-mail or letter in your mail box? Not sure where to expect the invitation.

Thank you
Mate they usually send you an email and your immiaccount has an attachment with the ceremony details. You get both.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everyone,

Received some good news yesterday that I thought I would share. I received my email to attend the ceremony in Newcastle, NSW. Timeline below:

Citizenship
Application Date:
05 July 2020
Email received with Test Date: 09 Feb 2021
Test Location: Newcastle, NSW
Test Date: 24 March 2021
Ceremony Location: Newcastle, NSW
Ceremony Date: 01 September 2021 (received invitation to ceremony on 19 July 2021)

Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just sharing my update :

Congrats on being Australian citizen
I'm just wondering where did you send your email for requesting virtual ceremony? Could you please provide me the email of virtual ceremony NSW that you sent?
Many thanks

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
With my interview and test date coming up next week, I'm curious about the interview part. What documents do they ask to see? It says to bring the original documents in the list, but do I need to bring everything that I submitted online? Or will they just want to see passports, marriage license (for name change), etc? I don't want to accidentally leave a document home when my interview/test centre is 2 hours away from where I live (regional WA). So, what can I expect at the interview? Thanks in advance!

381 - 400 of 411 Posts