Australia Forum banner
401 - 411 of 411 Posts

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
With my interview and test date coming up next week, I'm curious about the interview part. What documents do they ask to see? It says to bring the original documents in the list, but do I need to bring everything that I submitted online? Or will they just want to see passports, marriage license (for name change), etc? I don't want to accidentally leave a document home when my interview/test centre is 2 hours away from where I live (regional WA). So, what can I expect at the interview? Thanks in advance!
We took everything we could think of.

They asked my wife for her driver licence and medicare card, and nothing else.

The other option would be Passport and Medicare card.

I did expect that, but felt safer taking everything.

A marriage certificate might be handy for some. Her passport was in the correct married name anyway, so not needed, but we did include it in the folder of everything for her.

Most people we saw had a folder full of everything.

Just thinking out loud... If you don't have a folder, they might just ask you for everything...

Reactions: LadyRogueRayne

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, is anyone here applying from Brisbane?
My citizenship application got approved Nov2020 but still haven't received my ceremony invite.... makes me wonder what's going on..
I got my invitation email for the 4th of august, citizenship application was approved in 2020 October. Brisbane council is just taking too much time to invite. Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does anyone know which council takes the shortest time and which takes the longest time to send out invitations in Australia?

Has the backlog gone up or gone down since covid? I understand the backlog for 820/801 has gone down since covid. Is it the same for the citizenship applications backlog?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heres my timeline,

Arrived 01 April 2017(489) from UK

Application for 887 (PR) 31 March 2019

PR (887) approved 16 June 2020

Applied Citizenship 017 June 2021

Invitation 19 July 2021 (invited for 18
August 2021)

Test Date 23 July 2021 (rescheduled from
August)

Approval 23 July 2021 (in half hour from test)

Ceremony TBA

Perth WA

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
Has the backlog gone up or gone down since covid? I understand the backlog for 820/801 has gone down since covid. Is it the same for the citizenship applications backlog?
Citizenship pipeline has gone down since 2019.

Changes in Australian citizenship by conferral pipeline:

134,819 at 31 May 2021
140,798 at 30 Apr 2021
163,926 at 30 Sep 2019
198,477 at 31 Jul 2019
221,695 at 31 May 2019
236,694 at 31 Dec 2018
244,765 at 30 Jun 2018

Recently there have been about 13 or 14 thousand applications per month. This is pretty much the same as this time in 2019.

Reactions: jeanros

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yay! I'm Aussie :)))

PR granted: January 2014
Moved to Australia: November 2016
Citizenship application lodged: January 2020
Went overseas: March 2020
Returned onshore in Sydney: May 2021
Test invitation for: 22 June 2021
Test Rescheduled for: 11 June 2021
Approved: 11 June 2021
Requested virtual ceremony on the basis of job
Virtual ceremony: 6 July 2021
Inner West Council NSW
Hello,
Many congratulations.
Just wanted to ask if department had ever contacted you while you were in overseas after applying citizenship application?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got my invitation email for the 4th of august, citizenship application was approved in 2020 October. Brisbane council is just taking too much time to invite. Thanks
Congratulations! Are they sending invitations via email now? I have been frantically checking my mailbox everyday :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Well, had my interview and test today. I was told that my paperwork was all in order and they only needed to see my driver's license and passport (though I had everything with me to be safe). I then took the test, passed and was told "Congratulations! You should receive an invitation to your ceremony within 6 months." Then, I was given an Australian Citizenship book (and one to give to my son who's also on my application).My application still says received, though that's to be expected since I took my test at a Centrelink office, not at an immigration office. I was stressing for nothing! LOL! Now, the wait to see how long a ceremony will take.

I'm in WA, though regional, not Perth. I took my test in Albany, but they said my ceremony will be my local shire. Our school nurse has her ceremony this Thursday. Would've been cool to be in that one with her. But I'm happy with 6 months if that's how long it takes. 😄

Reactions: JandE

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yay! I'm Aussie :)))

PR granted: January 2014
Moved to Australia: November 2016
Citizenship application lodged: January 2020
Went overseas: March 2020
Returned onshore in Sydney: May 2021
Test invitation for: 22 June 2021
Test Rescheduled for: 11 June 2021
Approved: 11 June 2021
Requested virtual ceremony on the basis of job
Virtual ceremony: 6 July 2021
Inner West Council NSW
Hi,
If you don't mind me asking, my wife is currently on mat leave as such I have 3 dependents.
I also changed my name and my old passport can't be used as an ID. It will take over 4 months for a passport to be issued.
In the meantime I can't get a license due to insufficient ID docs.
Is this a sufficient reason?

401 - 411 of 411 Posts