Australia Forum banner
421 - 440 of 451 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Congratulations
Australian Citizenship book? I had my son on application I did not get anything
Yea, it's pretty cool. Has all kinds of historical stuff in it. They gave me an extra one for our school's HASS department, as I'm currently teaching Civics & Citizenship in my Year 10 HASS class.

Update on me though...received my Citizenship Approval Letter today! I was granted Citizenship on 7 August, but just received the letter in the post today. I didn't even get an email from my Immi account..just the posted letter. Now, I am waiting for my Shire to schedule the ceremony. Happy days!

I do have a question though. My youngest son is included on my citizenship approval. However, I couldn't include my oldest son as he's 22 and was in the US for 2 years studying at Uni. He's been back a year now and is studying at Murdoch. On my approval letter, it said that my and my children's visas will be cancelled and we'll need Australian passports to travel. That just means myself and my youngest son, correct? My oldest son's permanent visa won't be cancelled, will it?? I don't think it will, but wanted to double check.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Everyone,

After participating in an online citizenship ceremony, did your application status changed in Immi account? How soon did it happen?

Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone, hope everyone is keeping safe, just wanted to know if we are able to request an online ceremony due to lockdown delays even though i have not yet received an invitation? Sorry if someone has already asked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Everyone,

After participating in an online citizenship ceremony, did your application status changed in Immi account? How soon did it happen?

Thank you

Hi mine changed within the hour did test 23 July 2021 have got ceremony 17 September 2021

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sharing my timeline here

ActionDate
Arrived in Australia on student visaFebruary 2010
Applied for Permanent Residency (Partner)March 2017
Approved Stage 1 (820)July 2018
Applied Stage 2 (801)April 2019
Approved Stage 2 (801)November 2019
Applied CitizenshipDecember 2020
Citizenship Test invitation receivedJuly 2021
Citizenship Test completedAugust 2021
Citizenship approvedwaiting
Ceremonywaiting

Can't remember why I waited so long between stage 1 approval and submitting stage 2 😅
In which state are you, if I may ask? I applied in September 2020 and still no answer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi all,

I applied for my citizenship in early September 2020 (eligible June 2020) and I still haven't received a response. I am located in Melbourne. Is this waiting time normal? I see some of you here have applied for it at a later date and have already received a test invitation. Should I be concerned?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hi all! Just a quick update. So, after getting my approval letter 2 weeks ago, yesterday my Shire office called me to schedule my Citizenship ceremony on 26 October. I can't believe it! I'm just over the moon happy to finally see the end to this looooong road. Huge thanks to everyone who has been my emotional support and help along the way. It's been a crazy 6 year journey!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

I applied for my citizenship in early September 2020 (eligible June 2020) and I still haven't received a response. I am located in Melbourne. Is this waiting time normal? I see some of you here have applied for it at a later date and have already received a test invitation. Should I be concerned?

I am in Perth application 17 June 2021 test 23 July 2021 and now have ceremony for 17 September 2021

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hi all,

I would be contacting them. With the craziness of Covid, it could be that yours is sitting in backlog or something. Doesn't hurt to ask if there's anything else they need from you to process your application. Hope you hear something soon!

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would be contacting them. With the craziness of Covid, it could be that yours is sitting in backlog or something. Doesn't hurt to ask if there's anything else they need from you to process your application. Hope you hear something soon!
Thank you so much.

What is the best way to contact them about citizenship application?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just finished my Virtual Ceremony and I am now officially an Australian Citizen!

Ceremony took around 10 minutes.

I Logged into my ImmiAccount and checked my status. Below is what I found. I was on a 189 skilled independent and that is replaced now with my citizenship. My Immiaccount status for my Citizenship also says 'Finalised' :)

Visa class / subclassnull : null/null
Visa type : Permanent resident or citizen

My timelines below :
First entry to Australia : 23rd July 2016
Applied for Citizenship : 23rd July 2020
Test date : 6th March 2021
Approval date : 6th March 2021 (1 hour after the test)
F2F Ceremony date : 30th June 2021 (Cancelled due to Covid lockdown in Sydney)
Request for Virtual Ceremony email sent : 9th July 2021
Virtual Ceremony mail received : 12th July 2021
Virtual Ceremony : 15th July 2021.
Council : City of Canada Bay NSW

End of my Permanent Resident Journey! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE :) !
Congratulations!

How soon after the virtual ceremony did the application status changed to finalised? On the same day?

Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,
if I am not wrong, all citizenship testing in Melbourne has been suspended due to lockdown. is this correct?
Does anyone know approximately when are they planning to resume the testing and interview?
How are the processing times in Melbourne currently

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All,
Just an update from me

Applied :01/03/21
Invitation test email: 08/06/21
Original Test date: 13/07/21
Reschedule date: 15/06/21
Location test: Parramatta
Ceremony date: 17/09/2021
Council: Liverpool NSW

Good luck guys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good afternoon everyone
I was one of the lucky ones to have had the virtual citizenship ceremony today and officially became Australian citizen!!
My time line:
Arrived in Australia: 14/3/2015
Eligible to apply: 14/3/2019
Applied on : 25/05/2019
Citizenship test : 11/02/2021
Virtual ceremony: 17/09/2021
Good luck to everyone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good afternoon everyone
I was one of the lucky ones to have had the virtual citizenship ceremony today and officially became Australian citizen!!
My time line:
Arrived in Australia: 14/3/2015
Eligible to apply: 14/3/2019
Applied on : 25/05/2019
Citizenship test : 11/02/2021
Virtual ceremony: 17/09/2021
Good luck to everyone.
State? Please.
My test was same mint as yours, no sign of a ceremony am in Brisbane.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks you!
Congratulation 🥂
Even through all the lockdowns you guys still going on.
I wonder what the excuse is up this way
i had a virtual ceremony so I guess they are starting with online instead of face to face ceremony, if you passed the 7 month waiting period after the test I would send the virtual ceremony people an email requesting a virtual ceremony instead of waiting as you might be missing on job opportunity and such you might get an online like my case.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i had a virtual ceremony so I guess they are starting with online instead of face to face ceremony, if you passed the 7 month waiting period after the test I would send the virtual ceremony people an email requesting a virtual ceremony instead of waiting as you might be missing on job opportunity and such you might get an online like my case.
Have you got an email for them please? 2nd October will be 8 months.

421 - 440 of 451 Posts