Australia Forum banner
441 - 451 of 451 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you got an email for them please? 2nd October will be 8 months. I am waiting to join the ADF. I called I home affairs a few times and the email for ceremony I was given haven’t replied 2 emails .
Is the online ceremony a different department? Will love if too can please share.
Thanks
[email protected]
Above is the email I sent them the request on, give it a try and explain that you are losing opportunity to work due to not having your certificate yet.
I did get an email giving me the date and time for the virtual ceremony with a link to attend the meeting, it pretty easy to follow and only takes about 15 minutes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
[email protected]
Above is the email I sent them the request on, give it a try and explain that you are losing opportunity to work due to not having your certificate yet.
I did get an email giving me the date and time for the virtual ceremony with a link to attend the meeting, it pretty easy to follow and only takes about 15 minutes.
Thanks .
it didn’t go through. I have send you a message.

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Thanks .
it didn’t go through. I have send you a message.
That email address spelling is wrong. I would assume it should end with @homeaffairs.gov.au

·
Registered
14 Posts
PR granted: January 2014
Moved to Australia: November 2016
Citizenship application lodged: January 2020
Went overseas: March 2020
Returned onshore in Sydney: May 2021
Test invitation for: 22 June 2021
Test Rescheduled for: 11 June 2021
Approved: 11 June 2021
Requested virtual ceremony on the basis of job
Virtual ceremony: 6 July 2021
Inner West Council NSW
[/QUOTE]
Congratulations on being granted Australian citizenship! Did you indicate a return date when you applied - e.g., what happens if you are moving overseas for a job elsewhere? Has anyone been in a similar situation? Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, a friend of mine shares the same citizenship certificate as their parents and would like to get certificate that is completely separate from them (currently it displays their name on the back of their parent's certificate), how would they go about doing this?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a super quick question if that's okay - I will be eligible in early November, would it be okay to start the process in ImmiAccount now so I can start doing the attachments, but only submit on my eligible day?
Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a super quick question if that's okay - I will be eligible in early November, would it be okay to start the process in ImmiAccount now so I can start doing the attachments, but only submit on my eligible day?
Thank you so much!!
Yes you can do that

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Thank you so much!!
We tried that but didn't get far. I think we couldn't get past the 4th or 5th question.

·
Registered
125 Posts
We tried that but didn't get far. I think we couldn't get past the 4th or 5th question.
You can answer that question with one of the special eligibility conditions to get through to the next question but don't forget to fix it when you do submit. Also, note that you can't attach documents before you submit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes you can do that
You can answer that question with one of the special eligibility conditions to get through to the next question but don't forget to fix it when you do submit. Also, note that you can't attach documents before you submit.
Awesome - thank you so much everyone, I really appreciate it! :giggle: Fingers crossed that this process goes smoothly...I remember having to do a visa application in paper previously because the online system wouldn't even recognise my eligibility... 😅

441 - 451 of 451 Posts