Australia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see a 2021 timeline thread so thought I would start one.

Application submitted: 8 March 2021
Invitation to sit the test: 20 May 2021
Interview and Test: 14 June 2021
Approved:14 June 2021

Really seamless process. Appointment time was 3:30. They let us in at 3:10. I waited in the waiting room for maybe 2 minutes. Friendly lady calls me to the counter. Asks to see my passport. I start to get all my other paperwork out and she says hold off, I think I have everything here in the system already. She says yes she does - doesn't look at anything other than my passport. I take the test on an ipad in front of her. The test takes all of 5 minutes - super easy questions - score 100%. Sadly she won't let me take a photo of the 100% on the ipad.

She says usually it takes about two weeks for everything to be approved, but she can see I have everything in my file as requested, she reviews everything again and she says she is going to go ahead and approve it. She says a wait of approximately 6-8 months for ceremony, but otherwise all done.

Go home and log into immi account - and it says Approved!

I'm still amazed, my appointment wasn't until 3:30, and I left the immi office at 3:29 with everything approved. I hope everyone else has as good of an experience as I did. Now we wait for council...

·
Registered
6,883 Posts

Really seamless process. Appointment time was 3:30. They let us in at 3:10. I waited in the waiting room for maybe 2 minutes. Friendly lady calls me to the counter. Asks to see my passport. I start to get all my other paperwork out and she says hold off, I think I have everything here in the system already. She says yes she does - doesn't look at anything other than my passport. I take the test on an ipad in front of her. The test takes all of 5 minutes - super easy questions - score 100%. Sadly she won't let me take a photo of the 100% on the ipad.

She says usually it takes about two weeks for everything to be approved, but she can see I have everything in my file as requested, she reviews everything again and she says she is going to go ahead and approve it. She says a wait of approximately 6-8 months for ceremony, but otherwise all done.

I'm still amazed, my appointment wasn't until 3:30, and I left the immi office at 3:29 with everything approved. I hope everyone else has as good of an experience as I did. Now we wait for council...
Big difference on tests done at Immigration office compared to a Centrelink office..

Arrived 15 minutes early, told to go to the back of the queue, so will be on time.
Did that, then had to sit down and wait another 10 minutes to be called for the test.
Only had to show drivers licence.
Test passed and they said 'do you want to take a photo of the screen saying passed'. Did that, nice to keep.
They can't approve at a Centrelink office so it gets sent off to join a queue somewhere for a few months, before it gets approved...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I haven't gone in for my test yet but I applied 24 June 2021 and received my invitation for interview and test 19 July 2021 in the Perth office 24 Aug.

Definitely much quicker than I expected

·
Registered
5 Posts

pls advise your council where you've applied. Thx

·
Registered
21 Posts
Big difference on tests done at Immigration office compared to a Centrelink office..

Arrived 15 minutes early, told to go to the back of the queue, so will be on time.
Did that, then had to sit down and wait another 10 minutes to be called for the test.
Only had to show drivers licence.
Test passed and they said 'do you want to take a photo of the screen saying passed'. Did that, nice to keep.
They can't approve at a Centrelink office so it gets sent off to join a queue somewhere for a few months, before it gets approved...

That was quick. Can i ask which state you applied it?.

thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi everyone,

Applied for my citizenship on the 30th of June 2021
.Still waiting for a test date. Is anyone in the same boat?.

Any idea how long it takes to get a test date?. Since the borders are closed I am assuming these should get processed sooner.

I am in Melbourne

thanks again

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Hi everyone,

Any idea how long it takes to get a test date?. Since the borders are closed I am assuming these should get processed sooner.

I am in Melbourne

thanks again
It varies a lot. My wife applied on 7/3/2020.
Test Date was 24/3/2021 at Toowoomba.

Then Citizenship approved on 22/6/2021

Ceremony still waiting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It varies a lot. My wife applied on 7/3/2020.
Test Date was 24/3/2021 at Toowoomba.

Then Citizenship approved on 22/6/2021

Ceremony still waiting.
Thats taken forever. Hope you get this soon.
Do you know if there is an email address for us to get in touch and inquire about our application. I also wanted to request for a virtual ceremony if possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi anyone here from morton bay council queensland ??
Just got citizenship approval 20 aug2021
Waiting citizenship ceremony ?
any idea how long it take in MORTON BAY COUNCIL QLD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,
Applied for citizenship: 12 May 2021
Citizenship test invitation: waiting.
I live in Nowra, NSW 2541

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am in Melbourne

thanks again
Hey
I applied a little earlier, on 12 May, and still waiting. I am based in Nowra, NSW

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all and hope you guys can help or give me some more information. Thank you very much in advance.

I obtained movement records to calculate my residency requirements. Yes I did some buffer days just for safe. It said I would be eligible to apply on 02 September 2021. But when I logged immi account and it insists that I don't meet residency requirements and I can't proceed the application.

Thank you ❣

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all and hope you guys can help or give me some more information. Thank you very much in advance.

I obtained movement records to calculate my residency requirements. Yes I did some buffer days just for safe. It said I would be eligible to apply on 02 September 2021. But when I logged immi account and it insists that I don't meet residency requirements and I can't proceed the application.

Thank you ❣
Kevin, pls list up all your records, and remember not to make any buffer days as you mentioned. since you must be physically in Australia on the exact day back 4 years ago when you're applying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kevin, pls list up all your records, and remember not to make any buffer days as you mentioned. since you must be physically in Australia on the exact day back 4 years ago when you're applying.

Thank you. I will try again tomorrow. Because my friend say if it said not apply before 2nd Sept meaning you only can apply from 3rd Sep onwards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, Good to see some mates especially from Queensland and WA getting their citizen application processed quickly.
I applied for citizenship on 19th Feb and still waiting for invitation to take up the test. I live in Melbourne. Are there others like me who have been waiting that long?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi guys,

Is there an email address i could use to reach out to the department officials to expedite my application ?.

thanks for your help

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Hi guys,

Is there an email address i could use to reach out to the department officials to expedite my application ?.

thanks for your help
It might vary depending on your exact location.

My wife applied in March 2020, test was March 2021, just waiting for the ceremony now. Probably January 2022 for that.
We are in Queensland.

My own one, also in Queensland but 10 years ago, took just a couple of months from application to ceremony.

Somewhat different!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts