Australia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I would like to get some help please.

we got married last year Nov 2020 and My wife 309 Visa got approved on 9th April 2021 ( entre Australia by 9th April 2022) we were 3 months pregnant at the time and could not travel back to Australia because of some complication in the pregnancy hence the child delivery took place in India.

I have applied for the Child's Citizenship by descent. I see on the Immi website that the application will be processed in Australia. I have few questions regarding that.

Timeline
Date of Birth of Child - 28.08.2021
Date of Citizenship by descent applied on 01.09.2021
Geniric Documents uploaded - for parents and Hospital discharged summary - 01.09.2021
Birth Certificate of Child attached on - 03.09.2021 ( delay because it was issued on 3rd Sep from the registry)

1. Does anyone has applied citizenship by descent in India ( eventhough the application is processed in Australia ) and any idea of the processing time for the applications from India
2. we are bit affraid that what if we miss the deadline of travel for my wife becasue of the delay in child's citizenship document and Passport. Is there a way we can request for extention. Seems quite hard task to book the fligts at the moment from India
3. I have also sent an email to the department explaining them the situation even though the application is still way under the processing timeline. we have asked if there is any document deemed missing from us so please let us know becasue it takes time to get any document from Local goverment bodies in India,
4. Do we required to submit AFP report or Indian Police Clearance for the Parents.

Your help would be highly appreciated. Looking forward to getting some answers.

Regards

V

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
I can’t help on timings but:

2. we are bit affraid that what if we miss the deadline of travel for my wife becasue of the delay in child's citizenship document and Passport. Is there a way we can request for extention. Seems quite hard task to book the fligts at the moment from India
Yes, it’s very common at the moment: Travel facilitation letter request form

4. Do we required to submit AFP report or Indian Police Clearance for the Parents.
No.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you taken advice about bringing your child onshore?
Hi Wrussell, Thanks for your reply.
No we havn't really got any advice. I am Citizen and My wife is a holder for 309 visa which allow us to travel back. we have basically gone through the ImmI website guidelines. Do you have any specific thing in mind with your question?

·
Premium Member
1,081 Posts
Hi Paul,

Much thank for your reply. Do the Travel facilitation request gets granted easily? and whats the time frame lets say my wife needs to entre AU before 9th April 2022 so by when we should do this travel request,

Regards

V
Yes, they do … if you follow the link, it explains the timelines. You could also apply for a visitor visa and a travel exemption to bring your child onshore sooner and wait for their citizenship grant in Australia.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, they do … if you follow the link, it explains the timelines. You could also apply for a visitor visa and a travel exemption to bring your child onshore sooner and wait for their citizenship grant in Australia.
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

I just looked at the forum through the link you sent it it shows everything. Thank you

In regards to getting to visa. Its a long and hectic process, because we have to apply for Indian Passport and than apply for visa, we could eventually add him on the 309 visa too but than later have to cancel the Indian citizenship of India becasue India does'nt allow dual citizenship and its a lot of work. Hence we want to get the citizenship directly and apply for the Aussie passport at the Australian High Commission, New Delhi and just get the exisit stamp on his passport from the Ministry of External Affairs, India and later when we arrive in Australia all we have to do is just apply for his OCI overseas Citizen of India, which is a life long visa.

Hope this works out for us. we have been aways for 1 year already and would really like to return back home before Xmas.

Fingures crossed.

Thanks for your help again.

Regards,

V

1 - 7 of 7 Posts