Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

If someone know then could you please help me with my below query . I would appreciate it .

I had arrived in Aus on 2006 with student visa ,then live and work legally .
When finished study I had applied temporary residence visa -but get refused as didn't met ielts requirements then applied to MRT ,as I can buy some times for ielts preparation . But eventually my mrt case also loose -then I leave the country voluntarily on May 2013-never been live in Aus illegally at all.

Eight month later (Jan 2014) came with 457 visa -then approved PR on 28 Oct 2016 -now try to apply for citizenship .
Just wondering am I eligible for that ? Will they count for 4 years from 2006 or from Jan 2014?
Could you please help me with it .

Regards,
LG

·
Registered
814 Posts

You must meet all of the following:
- have lived in Australia on a valid Australian visa for four years immediately before applying
- must have been a permanent resident for the 12 months immediately before making an application and not have been absent from Australia for more than one year in total, during the four year period, including no more than 90 days in the 12 months before applying.
It seems in your circumstances you will be eligible to apply for citizenship in January 2018, provided you meet the other conditions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.