Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just processed my australian citizenship through au-immigration(dot)com(dot)au and I just noticed that this is not the website of australian migration services. I am wondering if someone has used this website before as they charged me $160 and learned that it is only their service fee :( I am really on a tight budget right now and want to get a refund, I have emailed them but hasn't got an answer..

Advance Thank you to anyone who will reply..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't think you will get a refund if you already have finished application process unless there is some technical error from their side.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
It seems you have used a Spanish owned website that fills in an application form for you. You paid to use their form filling software only.

They do say: "if you request a refund before completely finish with your application (before clicking "Complete", "Finish" or "Print"), you will receive a 100% full refund, upon request."

If you completed it, they say no refund.

Their website does say: "Purchase price does not include application or filing fees that may be charged by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship"

It looks very annoying.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seems you have used a Spanish owned website that fills in an application form for you. You paid to use their form filling software only.

They do say: "if you request a refund before completely finish with your application (before clicking "Complete", "Finish" or "Print"), you will receive a 100% full refund, upon request."

If you completed it, they say no refund.

Their website does say: "Purchase price does not include application or filing fees that may be charged by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship"

It looks very annoying.
do you know if there will be a problem because I gave all my details to them, passport, address, etc..

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
do you know if there will be a problem because I gave all my details to them, passport, address, etc..
You gave a 3rd party company, located in another country, all of your personal details including financial ones. Yes there is potential here for identity theft..

However if they are actually providing the service and it works then they will want to be keeping their name in good standing to get more clients so the chances of an issue significantly decrease if the business is reputable.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Question is why did you visit a Spanish website instead go to the Australia IMMI website directly ???? The most important is all your private information has been disclosed.

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
Question is why did you visit a Spanish website instead go to the Australia IMMI website directly ????
At first glance the website itself appears normal, and uses a .com.au site address.

It is only after checking it carefully and reading the small print, that people might see it is actually more like a scam, than a real service.

I think it would be cheaper to get an Immigration agent to fill the forms in for people, when compared to that site.

I just did a google search for that website again, with the word "review" added after the site name. The results had me puzzled, but may be accurate indication:

The first two Google search results were:

Migration fraud and scams
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/migration-fraud-and-scams
Scam alert. We are concerned by recent scam phone calls, claiming to be from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, with the caller requesting ...

Beware of immigration scams | Scamwatch
https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/news/beware-of-immigration-scams
Jul 31, 2013 - SCAMwatch and the Department of Immigration and Citizenship are warning people who have migrated to Australia

·
Registered
190 Posts
At first glance the website itself appears normal, and uses a .com.au site address.

It is only after checking it carefully and reading the small print, that people might see it is actually more like a scam, than a real service.

I think it would be cheaper to get an Immigration agent to fill the forms in for people, when compared to that site.

I just did a google search for that website again, with the word "review" added after the site name. The results had me puzzled, but may be accurate indication:

The first two Google search results were:

Migration fraud and scams
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa/migration-fraud-and-scams
Scam alert. We are concerned by recent scam phone calls, claiming to be from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, with the caller requesting ...

Beware of immigration scams | Scamwatch
https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/news/beware-of-immigration-scams
Jul 31, 2013 - SCAMwatch and the Department of Immigration and Citizenship are warning people who have migrated to Australia
I just visited that site and there is a large paragraph which already "Warn you about its security" . Really have no idea why you still continued to provide all the informations:confused::confused::confused::confused:

"Disclaimer: Australian Immigration is not a law firm and does not provide any legal services but general information and easy-to-use services regarding immigration to Australia. This company is not a government website/agency/affiliate/representative. The Office of the Australian Border Control and the Australian Migration Agents Registration Authority have not endorsed this company. We do not represent any legal authority nor do we purport to act as legal counsel or advisor or any other form of legal representation. Our company provides an automated software consisting of a step-by-step guide, which provides additional information regarding the process of how to correctly complete an immigration form and we only provide technical support in relation to the above. Therefore it is not a substitute for and does not replace legal advice. Clients will be able to request a refund, as long as they meet the requirements stated in the Refund Policy."

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
I just visited that site and there is a large paragraph which already "Warn you about its security" . Really have no idea why you still continued to provide all the informations:confused::confused::confused::confused:

"Disclaimer: Australian Immigration is not a law firm and does not provide any legal services but general information and easy-to-use services regarding immigration to Australia. This company is not a government website/agency/affiliate/representative. The Office of the Australian Border Control and the Australian Migration Agents Registration Authority have not endorsed this company. We do not represent any legal authority nor do we purport to act as legal counsel or advisor or any other form of legal representation. Our company provides an automated software consisting of a step-by-step guide, which provides additional information regarding the process of how to correctly complete an immigration form and we only provide technical support in relation to the above. Therefore it is not a substitute for and does not replace legal advice. Clients will be able to request a refund, as long as they meet the requirements stated in the Refund Policy."
That's the "the small print" that I referred to. Most people don't read everything.

Someone asked: "Question is why did you visit a Spanish website instead go to the Australia IMMI website directly", so I tried to answer that person with a possible reason. It looks like it is an Australian Immigration website, and mentions nothing about it being Spanish owned.

When you say: "there is a large paragraph which already "Warn you about its security", that paragraph is right at the bottom of the page, way after the link to "Start Your Application Now", and is in a reduced font colour, to try to make it seem unimportant to the average reader..

Also, at the top of the page it says it is "Australian Immigration" with a large logo saying "Australian Immigration".

You must agree that is worth warning people, who may pay a website owner for just automatically filling in a form, without them realising what exactly it is. The website owner may not be too happy with the full info being pushed though :)

It would be best if they said what they really did, very clearly, by saying something like: "we charge you $160 to fill in the application, then you submit it to the Australian Government and pay them the full $xxx in addition to what you paid us."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.