Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner and i are going to get Married. He is Moroccan berber and has never travelled outside of Morocco. For the last two weeks i have been living with him and his family, learning customs and languages. In July we are going to Turkey and in December we will go to Thailand, so hopefully that helps his Visa application for Australia. We cannot get Married in Morocco as i am non religious (not atheist, non religious). We will get Married in July next year in Australia but i was wondering if it is possible for us to Marry in Thailand at the end of the year. I have researched that it is not that hard for Australians to get married in Thailand, but when researching Moroccans getting married in Thailand it said they must know Moroccans living in Thailand? I was wondering if anyone could help me with gathering information about Marriage to a Moroccan in thailand. Or even more information about Marrying a Moroccan in Australia. Or even linking me to forums other than this one?
Thank you

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Your issue will be the visa for him to come to Australia. You are better to apply for a PMV (prospective marriage visa) and wait to get married. If you get married getting him a visa to Australia (partner visa) makes it alot harder as you need alot more evidence. The embassy in Cairo that the application is lodged as very strict. They also know the customs of countries that people are applying from too. They would know that even non religious people can get married amd they just say that they are Christian to get married.

My advice is ... apply for a PMV and do not get married until after his visa is granted and arrive in Australia.

·
Premium Member
6,612 Posts
I agree with Mish. A Prospective Marriage Visa may be the better pathway for you. I strongly advise you to get professional assistance from a registered migration agent, as Cairo is extremely difficult to deal with. Unless you get married in some sort of culturally appropriate traditional wedding, they will lend very little weight to it and most likely will refuse the application. I have had numerous dealings with Cairo and they are unlike any of the other processing centres.

Reactions: Mish
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.