Australia Forum banner

Australian / Nigerian PMV - can I hear some success stories? I need hope...

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  wrussell 
#1 ·
My Nigerian partner and I are in the process of applying for a PMV. We've been together for 3 years and have met in person twice (COVID-19 stopped any travel for 2 years of our relationship) with a 3rd trip planned for later this year.
I really would love to hear your success stories for PMV with a person from Nigeria or Africa. I need some glimmer of hope that it can work in our favour.

Also, if anyone has any hints on how to export WhatsApp call logs for the application, I would be most grateful as I've trawled the internet for hours trying to find a solution.

If you had issues with the PMV approval, I'd love to hear what happened and try to learn from it.

#3 ·
Hi wrussell, we will definitely be using an RMA as I really want to put forward our best chance for success. At the moment we are gathering all our evidence and writing our relationship statements. I'll be spending a couple weeks with him in Seychelles in April so we will go over everything together there. I guess I'm just scared that his country of origin would cast doubt in the eyes of immigration.

#4 ·
Hi! I’m Colombian and we applied through an agent. We’ve been waiting for 14 months and still nothing from immigration but as for the call log all, there is no way to get the call log of WhatsApp unfortunately :(. But what we did was to export the conversations and cover the parts we didn’t find comfortable sharing.
I hope this helps!

#5 ·
Hi! I’m Colombian and we applied through an agent. We’ve been waiting for 14 months and still nothing from immigration but as for the call log all, there is no way to get the call log of WhatsApp unfortunately :(. But what we did was to export the conversations and cover the parts we didn’t find comfortable sharing. I hope this helps!
Oh I hope you hear something soon 😥 It's a very painful process isn't it? Who would have thought falling in love with someone across the globe would be so hard? Thanks for the tips on WhatsApp. I think I'm going to do a heap of screenshots for the call log and put them in a pdf but 3 years worth... 🥵 I think I'll just get a snapshot of every few months.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.