Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am applying for Partner Visa to Australia from India. I understand that minimum 2 Statutory Declarations are needed from those who are Australian citizens or PR and knows both me and my wife.
My doubts are:
1) Do we need to prepare similar declarations from our family members, Indian Citizens in India? The application do not specify this.

2) If we need to prepare similar declarations in India, what is the Indian equivalent to form 888?

Hopefully, someone could put some light on my doubts.

Regards,
Antoine

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dear Antoine,

You are right by writing you need two 2 Statutory Declarations from those who are Australian citizens or PR and knows both your wife and you.
This can be achieved while filling the 888 form.

If you cannot find Australian Citizens or PR visa holders and only family members (non Australian) can evident your relationship (because only these specific people knows both you and your wife) I would prepare a statutory declarations for both these declarants and get them to sign it together with their ID in front of a notary public in their country.
If you need a hand with these statements you can contact me.

bear in mind that both you and your partner need to provide your statutory declarations and upload it with your application.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi,

Thank you for your response. Everything is fine for me with two Statutory Declaration from Australian citizens.

I still have doubt:

- Is it mandatory to have Statutory Declarations from someone from India too, attested by notary public?

- The need for my and my wife's (Australian Citizen) Statutory Declaration is new to me. Did not see that anywhere in the application until now. It means, as I am in India, I need to sign a declaration in front of notary public and my wife who is in Australia have to prepare a form 888?

Yes, I will be happy to have a format, sample of statement that needs to be prepared in India, that could be used, if needed, by my parents, relatives, friends and myself. I could not find any specific form to replace Form 888 in India.

Have a nice day!

Antoine

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dear Antoine,

You are right by writing you need two 2 Statutory Declarations from those who are Australian citizens or PR and knows both your wife and you.
This can be achieved while filling the 888 form.

If you cannot find Australian Citizens or PR visa holders and only family members (non Australian) can evident your relationship (because only these specific people knows both you and your wife) I would prepare a statutory declarations for both these declarants and get them to sign it together with their ID in front of a notary public in their country.
If you need a hand with these statements you can contact me.

bear in mind that both you and your partner need to provide your statutory declarations and upload it with your application.
Does this mean that the Two F888 don't actually need to be Aus citizen or PR or are these additional Stat decs?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for your response. Everything is fine for me with two Statutory Declaration from Australian citizens.

I still have doubt:

- Is it mandatory to have Statutory Declarations from someone from India too, attested by notary public?

- The need for my and my wife's (Australian Citizen) Statutory Declaration is new to me. Did not see that anywhere in the application until now. It means, as I am in India, I need to sign a declaration in front of notary public and my wife who is in Australia have to prepare a form 888?

Yes, I will be happy to have a format, sample of statement that needs to be prepared in India, that could be used, if needed, by my parents, relatives, friends and myself. I could not find any specific form to replace Form 888 in India.

Have a nice day!

Antoine
Antoine

For the 888, i gave two, one was an Aussie citizen and the other an Indian who knew both my partner and me. There was no problem at all and I have got my visa. All documents from India should be notarised and the scan when uploading them should be absolutely clear. We did not give parents or anyone...just the two form 888. Do not overdo the info load. Be clear and consise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.