Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I just highlighted some of the countries that were in the threads recently about fast processing times and then my places. If Sweden, for example only has 12,000 people in Australia, one would gather there is not a a lot of migration from that country.
12000 in the country doesn't tell us anything in relation to processing times though? That's where my confusion is!

1 case officer doing 12000 applications would be the same as 100 doing 1.2 million applications. Without any additional info it doesn't show us much.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
I just highlighted some of the countries that were in the threads recently about fast processing times and then my places. If Sweden, for example only has 12,000 people in Australia, one would gather there is not a a lot of migration from that country.
That is not surprising at all - they get over 12 months paid parental leave (shared between mother and father or mother can have it all or father can have it all) - why would you want to leave a country that gives you that?

I believe all their health care is free too

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Just to mention South Africa has 181,450 in Australia and they regularly have short processing times like 6 weeks for partner visas.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
That is not surprising at all - they get over 12 months paid parental leave (shared between mother and father or mother can have it all or father can have it all) - why would you want to leave a country that gives you that?

Thats all offset by the temperature in winter.

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I give up with you guys, you seem to just like arguing any point regardless. Carry on, i'm done here.

·
Super Moderator
2,137 Posts
I give up with you guys, you seem to just like arguing any point regardless. Carry on, i'm done here.
Well you better get used to arguments when you come to Australia, it's almost a national pass time. Everyone seems to have an opinion on everything and has no hesitation in letting anyone else know. , My wife still finds it a bit confrontational after 30 years.

·
Super Moderator
2,137 Posts

It's not quite the Utopia that people make out,I was there in August visiting my Cousins, and while the scenery was nice , I didn't think the living conditions were as good as here, as prices are astronomically high compared to the rest of Europe,( though I must say Norway is even more expensive, it cost the equivalent of $1.50 to use the toilet at the ferry terminal!), and the weather was terrible, even though it was summer.
I was glad my Grandfather decided to migrate! :D

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
It's not quite the Utopia that people make out,I was there in August visiting my Cousins, and while the scenery was nice , I didn't think the living conditions were as good as here, as prices are astronomically high compared to the rest of Europe,( though I must say Norway is even more expensive, it cost the equivalent of $1.50 to use the toilet at the ferry terminal!), and the weather was terrible, even though it was summer.
I was glad my Grandfather decided to migrate! :D
Norway is freezing in the summer time. Well I guess freezing by my Brisbane srabdards where anything belong 20 is cold lol. When I was there Norway I was wearing a jumper during the day and at night a jacket and thermals and was still cold lol and this was summer haha.

I know not everyone likes it but I like my 30C and high humidity :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.