Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and thought it's a good place to ask this question.
I am currently an Australian PR on visa 189. I got it on April 2016 and am now considering to move to NZ to live permanently. I understand that the PR works both ways however, is there a requirement for me to serve 2 years out of 5 years before I can move to NZ? Are there things that I should look out for before I make this move?

Thanks in advance, appreciate responses.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The 2 out of 5 years is a requirement only when you want to apply for a 5-year RRV in case you want to return to Australia in the future.

Since you obtained your PR on April 2016, the expiry would presumably be at the end of March 2021. The PR allows you to travel in and out of Australia freely until then. After March 2021, if you are still in New Zealand, you would need to apply for a RRV if you want to return to Australia.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 2 out of 5 years is a requirement only when you want to apply for a 5-year RRV in case you want to return to Australia in the future.

Since you obtained your PR on April 2016, the expiry would presumably be at the end of March 2021. The PR allows you to travel in and out of Australia freely until then. After March 2021, if you are still in New Zealand, you would need to apply for a RRV if you want to return to Australia.
thank you for the quick reply. So does the RRV replace the PR after 5 years?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.