Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need help with my eoi:
EOI = 75 pts

im a overseas nurse, and i took my bridging course in australia for 3months may to july

now in my eoi, i ticked the australia study requirements not knowing that its supposed to be 2 years study. (i also indicated the course in the eoi)
fortunately the assessor granted me the +5 points thus having 75 pts.

i also indicated my course in overseas (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) which is from what i know its not accepted in australia.

am i going to face problems during me 189 application? if yes what can i do inorder to prevent this..

in need help guys, i dont want to face delays

ps: i havent applied the 189visa

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
If I understand you correctly, SkillSelect has awarded you 5 points for meeting the Australian study requirement, but you only studied in Australia for 3 months and did not graduate with a diploma, degree of trade qualification, but completed a bridging course to allow to register with APRHA.

You do NOT meet the Australian Study Requirement and are NOT eligible for 5 points (Regulation 1.15F). You have to relodge your EOI and correct that mistake. If Immigration finds that you have fewer points than you claimed in your EOI, they will refuse your application. It does not matter that you have more than 60 points.

If you are invited based on having 75 points, do not accept the invitation. It will cost you $3,670 (your visa application fee) and six months (the processing time before refusal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I understand you correctly, SkillSelect has awarded you 5 points for meeting the Australian study requirement, but you only studied in Australia for 3 months and did not graduate with a diploma, degree of trade qualification, but completed a bridging course to allow to register with APRHA.

You do NOT meet the Australian Study Requirement and are NOT eligible for 5 points (Regulation 1.15F). You have to relodge your EOI and correct that mistake. If Immigration finds that you have fewer points than you claimed in your EOI, they will refuse your application. It does not matter that you have more than 60 points.

If you are invited based on having 75 points, do not accept the invitation. It will cost you $3,670 (your visa application fee) and six months (the processing time before refusal.
but i still be having 70 pts and still be eligible for the visa.. does it still count? and can i just put a note in the application that i was referring on about the bridging course?

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
It doesn't matter that you'd still be eligible for the visa. The issue would be that you may not have been given an invitation based on 70 points if there were enough higher point EOIs ahead of you in the queue. If you cannot provide evidence to support all the points that were on your EOI, then you face a refusal of your visa.

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
I believe you can simply create a new one although I think it would require you to use a different email address. Or you can simply let the existing invitation expire and your EOI should unlock for the next invitation round.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.