Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am from China. Could you please help me answer some questions about 300 tourist visa application.

First of all, I had been in Australia for the past 9 years till Oct 2017. My last visa was 457. But I decided resign from the job and returned home last year. Now me and my partner are planning to apply for sub300 partner visa by getting married in Australia. Well, I need to go to Australia first.

Then because I just returned home, I don't have a job, nor a school to go back to. And all my savings is still with Australia bank.. I am worried that I can't provide a strong incentive that I will return to China..

Could someone please advise me what documents I should provide to show my incentives coming back to china?

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Hey guys, I am from China. Could you please help me answer some questions about 300 tourist visa application.

First of all, I had been in Australia for the past 9 years till Oct 2017. My last visa was 457. But I decided resign from the job and returned home last year. Now me and my partner are planning to apply for sub300 partner visa by getting married in Australia. Well, I need to go to Australia first.

Then because I just returned home, I don't have a job, nor a school to go back to. And all my savings is still with Australia bank.. I am worried that I can't provide a strong incentive that I will return to China..

Could someone please advise me what documents I should provide to show my incentives coming back to china?
I would suggest applying for the PMV300 first, then apply for a tourist visa. Once the PMV300 is ready for grant, and you do the compulsory trip outside Australia, and back, to get the grant, you then get married. Then do the 820 application. We did it that way, and would not have been able to show any incentive for her to leave Australia, other than to be allowed to get the 300 grant.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. But the PMV 300 takes up to 15 months. We didn't want to wait for that long. That's why we are planning for tourist visa first then apply for partner visa later in Australia.

I would suggest applying for the PMV300 first, then apply for a tourist visa. Once the PMV300 is ready for grant, and you do the compulsory trip outside Australia, and back, to get the grant, you then get married. Then do the 820 application. We did it that way, and would not have been able to show any incentive for her to leave Australia, other than to be allowed to get the 300 grant.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Thank you. But the PMV 300 takes up to 15 months. We didn't want to wait for that long. That's why we are planning for tourist visa first then apply for partner visa later in Australia.
You mentioned you wanted the 300 Visa.
Now me and my partner are planning to apply for sub300 partner visa by getting married in Australia. Well, I need to go to Australia first.
Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300)
This visa allows people to come to Australia to marry their prospective spouse.
If you are granted this visa, you should marry your prospective spouse and apply for a Partner (subclasses 820 and 801) visa before your Prospective Marriage visa (subclass 300) expires.

I assume you mean you want to apply for the 820 visa.

That changes everything, and advice from a Migration Agent may not be a bad thing. Immigration might just guess what you are doing.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
The 300 is offshore only and for engaged couples who will marry within 9 montjs of the grant. If you're planning to marry then apply for a partner visa onshore, you're looking at the 820/801 but keep in mind your partner can't apply for that from a tourist visa if it has a no further stay condition attached.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.