Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a skilled migrant going for a work visa what is the average turnaround time from filing your application to recieving a visa? I see peoples posts in the work visa thread but 95% of those people didnt even get a visa yet.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
As a skilled migrant going for a work visa what is the average turnaround time from filing your application to recieving a visa? I see peoples posts in the work visa thread but 95% of those people didnt even get a visa yet.
What work visa are you applying for? 457? if so then it depends on the situations. One company took me 1 month for a success and another took 24 hours.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What work visa are you applying for? 457? if so then it depends on the situations. One company took me 1 month for a success and another took 24 hours.
no it would be independent skilled migrant, i would decide later to stay permanantly or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From the experience iv seen with other people applying for PR it has taken up to 10 months
thanks for the input....i asked some agency and they said it can take 12-36 months for approval....i couldnt believe it was that long.

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
thanks for the input....i asked some agency and they said it can take 12-36 months for approval....i couldnt believe it was that long.
I think a lot of time lines are given to include additional info needed and request for that info and time to send it back etc.. if you have provided everything including medicals it should speed up the process.

If you look on this forum a lot of people are given like 9 months for processing when some have been approved in a week. this is Partner visa though but I know a few people from high risk countries who have been issued PR within the 1 year period.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.