Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Please help me with some advise. I am currently living and working in Australia on a working visa and have applied a few months ago for permanent residency. A month after the application was lodged i was served with a personal apprehended personal violence order. My neighbour initiated it after we had a few disputes that did not involve any vioelnce whatsoever but just harsh words where i threathened him in the heat of the moment. He then applied for a personal avo against me which the court granted. I spoke to a lawyer and he assured me that a personal avo is a civil matter and there is no criminal record unless i breach the terms of it.

This avo was issued only after i had actually applied for permanent residency. the application is being currently assessed at immigration. I have not informed immigration( it was only issued after my application for PR was already lodged). Do i have anything to worry about in regards to this affecting my permanent residency application ? i was not charged with anything by the police?

Please help , i am having sleepless nights over this

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
It is a standard principle to advise Immi of any personal details changes once an application has been made though I am not aware of what their thinking would be re an AVO.
Best to give them a ring or attend nearest office and you could start sleeping well again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.