Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I had applied for 309/100 inJuly 2017.
I traveled to Australia on visitor visa last year August 2017 and then extended it (Visitor visa 600), which will expire this August 2018.I will be completing 12 months on visitor visa. I have few questions

1.Is there any way I can continue my stay in Australia or do I have to leave the country in august and wait till my temporary visa is granted.

2.If I have to leave the country in August, how long do I have to wait again to apply for another visitor visa?

3. I see a new tab , "Bridging Visa information" in my immigration account last week. Is this something related to my temporary partner visa? or is it just a introduction of a new tab? Not sure why I got this new tab.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Regards,
Swathi

·
Super Moderator
5,245 Posts
If you applied for the newest visitor visa while you were in Australia, you would have been issued a bridging visa while that application was being processed. I'm not sure if you're eligible for another visitor visa or not, but you can certainly apply and see what happens but I'd suggest you first speak with a migration agent to see what affect this may have (e.g. would a refusal be an issue).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Extending Visit Visa 600

Hi

I applied for a Partner Visa 309 on April 19, 2018, and was contacted to do my medicals on June 10, 2018, which I submitted on June 12, 2018. There have been no further requests from the Aus High Commission in Sri Lanka.

I am currently in Australia on a 3 month Visit Visa 600, which does not have a no further stay condition. Pending a decision on my Partner Visa 309, I want to extend my Visit Visa to continue to stay in Australia.

What reasoning and evidence should be provided to support an extension, especially if I want to extend it by another 6 months? Could anyone provide any assistance on this? Would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.