Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
so couples months ago started working unofficially, not in the books as they say, out of desperation, theres no work here... and getting paid randomly with few hundreds to my bank account, could that be a problem with migration if they find out ? i lodged my spouse application 2017 June still haven't heard from them... what else can they be spying on me anyone know? thank you... :confused:

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Then immigration will only have an issue if/when the Tax Man finds the money deposited in your account and wants you to pay tax.

Have a chat with an accountant and see how you can sort it legally.

You can earn $18,000 - $20,000 per year without the need to pay tax.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im underpaid below minimum payrate, so what tax man? is it actually traceable? cuz i get paid from personal accounts. i would get money transfers from mother overseas and dont pay tax on it so same with this

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Keep record for later!

The minimum pay is $18.93 per hour for a full time employee + super.

+ 20-25% if you are casual.

Overtime/penalty rates apply.

So depending on your work and pay frequency, tax may or may not be applicable.

Either way income should be reported to the Tax Man (Australian Taxation Office) and if below the tax free threshold no tax is payable - if any was it is refunded.

The "Tax Man" can and does cross reference bank accounts even personal ones.

You money transfers from your mother are not income, I assume they are listed as a gift when transferred - so no tax is payable on that.

Out of interest what type of work are you doing and how much is the pay rate?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it's restaurant, 14 dol/hr .... so if i report my income, i would just get in trouble so whats the point, if my employers do it like this they know it's safe as long as you keep quiet, but im gonna quit this job soon anyway.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
it's restaurant, 14 dol/hr .... so if i report my income, i would just get in trouble so whats the point, if my employers do it like this they know it's safe as long as you keep quiet, but im gonna quit this job soon anyway.
Get paid properly for the work you do, your employer is taking advantage and this is one o the sole reasons working visas get negative press, resulting in positive changes for migrants harder and harder.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
While this type of thing is common, it is still protected by Fairwork Australia so you are entitled to back pay.

I don't agree to people working for less than minimum wage or award (I think you are under an award payment by the way) but know employers like to exploit vulnerable people that need some income.

When employers get away with it, they keep doing it.

$14 per hour is pretty rude and should be reported in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
No-one will pay you anything, not even $14 per hour unless they are making money.

They are not employing you from the goodness of their heart it is business and to be in business you are required to follow rules and the rules include pay rates.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
what are you talking, they gave me job when no one employs you here or has out of reality expectations ???
They are takin advantage of you by paying you less then minimum wage. If they were giving you an honest days work they would give you an honest days pay.

You are being exploited and think they're doing you a favour, they arent, they are using you illegally for gain, furthermore they 're making access to visas harder and harder in the process.

Not only the but they make the general public view immigrants with the perception of "coming here and taking our jobs and lowering wages".

If a business can make you work to a dollar an hour why would they pay someone 20. By doing this you undermine the Labour market and immigrants in general.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.